- Date: Saturday, October 26th, 20192019-10-26 through Sunday, October 27th, 20192019-10-26
- Time: All Day
- Location: Story, INStory, IN
Cost: $45 Student | $55 Guest
Depart: Saturday, October 26 @ 8:00 am
Return: Sunday, October 27 @ 5:00 pm
Drive time: 3. 5 hours
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, October 22 @ 8:00 PM
Included: Official Orienteering map, compass, gear, camping permits & campfire
Learn some cool skills that you can put to practice! Learn how to navigate yourself around to different points using only a map and a compass. The course includes control markers allowing you to verify your location as you go. Trip Leaders will give instructions on how to use your map, and compass to navigate this course. Hoosier National Forest is home to 266 miles of hiking trails, with sandstone cliffs, seasonal waterfalls, Hemlock trees, and rare wintergreen plants. With about a 3-hour drive to the forest, feel free to pack your homework or a book for the ride! ORAC will provide any tents, sleeping bags, or other equipment you might require, except for food and your clothes. All skill levels are welcome!
Tentative Trip Itinerary
- Drive to Story, IN
- Pick up maps
- Head to campsite to set up basecamp
- Map & Compass lesson
- Try out the orienteering course
- Relax by the campfire
- Start with a warm breakfast
- Put your skills to the test with a more difficult course
- Play a few friendly rounds of who can shoot the best bearing
- Head back to campus
*All trips are subject to change due to weather, permitting and staffing
Sign up & attend this trip to receive a special discount to College Outside
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
Follow the instructions below
1. Go to https://online.spectrumng.net/wku (it will open a new window!)
2. Click "Do not have login" (you will need to make an account!)
3. Enter your 800# (or 500# if a Preston Only Member) for the Member Number (even if you do not have a current membership!)
4. Choose a username and password for your online account with us.
5. Once you have an account set up, click the Home Icon in the top left (the picture, not the actual home letters)
6. Click on Program Registration in the middle of the page!
7. Select ‘ORAC’
8. Select the trip or skill clinic you want!
9. Add to Cart
10. Continue to Cart
11. This should take you to the Payment Summary Screen. Enter your payment info and hit Submit Payment.
12. BAMM You're registered for a trip