What Is Dentistry?
Today’s dentists are highly sophisticated health professionals who provide a wide range of oral health care services that contribute to the general health and quality of their patients’ lives. They are at the forefront of new developments in dental implants, computer-generated imaging and cosmetic and aesthetic procedures.
Dentists are instrumental in the early detection of oral cancer and systemic conditions that manifest in the mouth. It is a dynamic health profession, offering opportunities to become a successful, highly respected member of the community.
What Are Dental Schools Looking For?
For a better understanding of what dental schools are looking for from their applicants, view Admission Factors.
View details regarding the Pre-Dentistry application process.
Learn more about the DAT and how to prepare.
In addition to gaining patient care and shadowing hours, being involved on campus
is a great way to prepare for
Dental school. Consider joining the Pre-Dental Society and Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED), National Health Preprofessional Honor Society.
- University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- University of Kentucky College of Dentistry
- Lincoln Memorial University College of Dental Medicine
- Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry
- University of Tennessee College of Dentistry
- Indiana University School of Dentistry
- Ohio State University College of Dentistry
Notice: The listing or inclusion of any third-party resource or program on this webpage does not imply the endorsement of the author, pre-health advisors, or WKU.