WKU has a 3-year (90 semester hours) curriculum designed to prepare potential candidates for entry into a professional chiropractic college, however an increasing number of chiropractic colleges are requiring a bachelor's degree. Prior to application at a chiropractic college, candidates must have earned a minimum of 90 semester hours (including at least 48 semester hours in the courses listed below). The candidate is responsible for ensuring he or she has met those specific and elective requirements of the school(s) to which they are applying.
Although the following requirements will meet current admission guidelines for most chiropractic programs, the student should check the pre-requisites for those schools to which they wish to apply. Completion of these pre requisites will allow you to compete for available spaces in chiropractic programs, but will not guarantee admission into a professional chiropractic college:
- ENG 100 (Introduction to College Writing)
- ENG 300 (Introduction Literature)
- BIOL 120/121 (Biological Concepts: Cells, Metabolism, and Genetics)
- BIOL 122/123 (Biological Concepts: Evolution, Diversity, and Association of Chiropractic CollegesEcology)
- CHEM 120/121 (College Chemistry I)
- CHEM 222/223 (College Chemistry II)
- CHEM 340/341 (Organic Chemistry I)
- CHEM 342/343 (Organic Chemistry II)
- MATH 116 (College Algebra)
- MATH 117 (Trigonometry)
- PSYS 100 (Introduction to Psychology)
- PHYS 231/232 (Introduction to Physics and Biophysics I)
- PHYS 332/233 (Introduction to Physics and Biophysics II)
Humanities and Social Sciences: 15 hours of electives selected from literature, sociology, psychology, art, theatre, etc..., in conjunction with your advisor.
Please note: Recommended courses are based on WKU's assessment of specific professional school requirements. Students should, in consultation with their advisor, review the requirements at the professional school of their choice.
Links to more information
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,