How to Register
It’s already time for registration! Read this guide for all you need to know on registration!
1) Do you want to change your major? Changing your major may change your advisor. Don’t wait to find out that you have to meet with someone different, change your major TODAY! Check out this video for more information on how to do so: How to Change or Add Majors, Minors, Certificates, Concentrations, Advisors
2) Be sure you reach out to your advisor to schedule an appointment. To check who your advisor is, watch this video: Finding your Advisor Information. Be sure you schedule this appointment with your PRIMARY advisor, they will be the one that lifts your registration hold. Every student gets a registration hold on their account that can only be lifted if you schedule a meeting with your advisor. To schedule a meeting, check out this video: How to Schedule an Advising Appointment. Keep in mind, some advisors schedule appointments differently. Refer to the registration email from your advisor or reach out for more information.
3) Be sure to take care of any holds before registration!
4) What classes do I take? Use your 4 year degree plan for your major: How to Use your 4 Year Degree Plan and your iCAP; How to Use your iCAP to plan your classes. Come to your advising meeting with a plan on what classes you want to take. Your advisor will help make sure you’re on track!
5) When do I register? Be sure to meet with your advisor BEFORE your registration date.
We are here to help! Registration doesn’t have to be overwhelming and the key to this is preparation. Plan out one step to take each day to prepare yourself for registration and you’ll be good to go!
Keep track of what questions you have and contact your advisor to get these answered. The Advising and Career Development Center is also happy to answer questions. Give us a call at 270-745-5065. We have walk ins Monday 12-4pm, Tuesday-Thursday 8am-4pm, and Monday 8am-12pm.