Potter College News
WKU to celebrate Constitution Week
- Wednesday, September 14th, 2022
Western Kentucky University will celebrate Constitution Week with a series of events next week.
Events include the following:
- Tuesday, September 20: National Voter Registration Day and Rock the Vote Festival, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Guthrie Bell Tower and South Lawn. Participants will be able to register to vote and get information about political candidates.
- Wednesday, September 21: Precedent and Politics: The Case of Roe v. Wade, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Cherry Hall, room 302. Dr. Jeff Budziak, Department of Political Science will facilitate a discussion about the relationship between the decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, the future of reproductive rights and the impact on voter registration for the midterm elections.
- Thursday, September 22: Deliberative Dialogue Group Discussion on How Should We Encourage and Safeguard Voting? 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Student Success Center, Gary Ransdell Hall first floor.
Constitution Week activities are sponsored by the Office of the Provost, the Political Engagement Project, the Department of Political Science and the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee.
Voter registration drive
The WKU Political Engagement Project in partnership with the Bowling Green/Warren County Coalition for National Voters Registration Day, will have a voter registration drive on Tuesday, September 20, at the following locations.
From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Warren County Public Library Bob Kirby Branch, 175 Iron Skillet Court, Bowling Green
- Warren County Public Library Main Location, 1225 State St., Bowling Green
- Little Fox Bakery, 401 Park Row, Bowling Green
From 5-7:30 p.m.:
- Shake Rag Barber Shop, 301 State St., Bowling Green, KY
Contact: Dr. Saundra Ardrey, email@example.com