New Template Workshops Available
|Date: Wednesday, January 10th, 2018||Return|
We are excited to announce the opening of training sessions for the web migration into the new WKU OUCampus website templates. Session dates and times are listed inside OUAddons and are open for online registration now. Spots will be limited per each session and will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis.
To access the registration form, log into OU Addons, go to “Site Transition” on the main page. Only those persons listed as “Main Site Contact”* can sign up and anyone can see which of their sites are signed up for migration by clicking on the “View my signed up dates” above the Dates list.
* WKU IT requires that the Main Site Contact listed on your account approve your participation in the transition, so if you are NOT the listed MSC, please have that person log in to request the time/date of training. If you do not know who your MSC is, visit https://www.wku.edu/apps/ouaddons/ and click on “sites”/“My sites” and the MSC will be listed there. If you need to change who your MSC is, please contact the IT Helpdesk at 270-745-7000.
ABOUT THE TRAINING:
- You should try to make any major content changes or updates to your site BEFORE you migrate.
- You should plan to be present for the duration of your training session.
- IT will migrate your site(s) the morning of your training session before your scheduled time, so when you arrive, we will spend time showing you how to use the new templates and features.
- You may bring as many people as you like to the training session. When IT transitions your site, all users who have access to it will be moved into the new WYSIWYG editor.
- Your existing “old” website will never be “down,” rather, your new website will not be visible until you have completed the necessary updating and transition and IT has published your site for you (more info provided at training).
A new gadget has been added to help generate placeholder images within OU Campus.
New summer site migration session dates and times for June, July, and part of August are listed inside OU Addons and are open for online registration now.
This summer, the WKU Web team will offer additional training workshops for those who have already started the transition process but would like some more one-on-one time with us.
Global Search allows you to search your entire OU Campus account for any type of content (files, users, groups, etc.).
Snippets have become a main building block when making pages in your migrated site. Since migration template workshops began the WebDev group have added some new snippets to use. You can browse all snippets on the Funny Monkeys website.
Be on the lookout for the Include Unpublished Dependencies checkbox when publishing files. It is now by default checked.