Tuition and Billing
As you know, costs and billing processes are different for semester-based web, and non-semester based on demand courses. The per credit hour rate is listed on the Bursar's Office website, but did you know that other factors also impact the amount a student will pay, including the combination of course types in which they enroll? We included additional information below. You can also download our tuition cheat sheet, as a quick reference tool.
Fully Online Students (Web and/or On Demand)
- There is no full-time rate for online learners at the undergraduate or graduate levels
- Charged applicable tuition rate (On Demand or Web) for all hours taken
- Web = DL Rate
- OD = Current In-State Per Credit Hour Rate
- No out of state tuition is charged
Web + F2F
- Full-time undergraduate students who enroll in a combination of face-to-face classes + web will be charged the applicable in-state or out-of-state tuition rate + an additional per credit hour fee for the web class
- Full-time graduate students who enroll in a combination of face-to-face + web will pay the applicable per credit hour rate for each course.
On Demand + F2F and/or Web (*see examples)
- FT undergrad students enrolled in 12 credit hours: Those who enroll in a combination of on demand + face-to-face and/or web classes are charged per credit hour, based on class type (face-to-face, web or on demand) for all hours taken up to 12 credit hours.
- FT undergrad students enrolled in more than 12 credit hours of F2F or Web+ an on demand class(es) are charged the applicable full-time tuition rate + the established per-credit-hour web course fee for all "web" sections + per credit hour rate for the additional on demand class(es).
- FT graduatestudents who enroll in any combination of delivery modes (F2F, On Demand and/or semester-based web) are charged the applicable per credit hour rate for each course.
Examples of Different Scenarios
- Scenario A: Undergraduate student enrolls in 9 F2F hours + 3 on demand. Tuition = the per credit hour rate for every class. The F2F tuition charge is based on in-state or out-of-state status. The OD per credit hour rate is always the in-state rate.
- Scenario B: Undergraduate student enrolls in 6 F2F credit hours + 6 Web. Tuition = the full-time in-state/out-of-state rate + the per credit fee for Web sections.
- Scenario C: Undergraduate student enrolls in 6 F2F credit hours + 6 Web credit hours + 3 on demand credit hours. Tuition = FT in-state/out-of-state tuition + the per credit hour fee for 6 hours of Web classes + per credit hour tuition for on demand.
Part-time students (both graduate and undergraduate) enrolling in a combination of delivery modes are charged the per credit hour rate for each course, based on course type.
- On Demand Courses: The per credit hour rate for in-state undergrad students is always charged, regardless of location (no out of state tuition is ever charged).
- Web Courses: The per credit hour web course rate is always charged, regardless of location (no out of state tuition is ever charged).
Face-to-face Courses: The applicable in-state/out-of-state per credit hour rate is charged.
The billing process for semester-based web, and face-to-face courses is the same. Students registering for On Demand courses must pay at the time of registration or be approved to take the course through financial aid, CTAM, or other third party (employer, faculty/staff waiver, etc).
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,