On Demand Timeframe
On Demand offers more than 150 courses completely online. Graduate, and undergraduate courses are available, including a guaranteed pathway for Colonnade completion. On Demand courses are non-semester based, allowing students to enroll at any time, complete their course in as little as 7 weeks or take up to 9 months. However, it's important for students to be aware of certain dates and restrictions. Below is additional information. The On Demand catalog is available for download by clicking here.
|1 Week||Last day to drop an On Demand course without a grade;
Last day to receive a 100% refund for a course.
|6 Weeks||Last day to receive a 75% refund with a grade of W;
Last day to transfer to another On Demand course.
|4 Months||Last day to withdrawal from a course with a grade of W, no exceptions.
|9 Months||Last day to complete an On Demand course. Students needing to continue, may purchase a
3-month extension for $75.
Failure to complete an On Demand course by this date or purchase an extension will result in a grade of F.
|9 months +
|Last day to complete an On Demand course for which an extension has been granted,
Failure to complete an On Demand course by this date will result in a grade of F.
*Timeframe refers to the period after initial enrollment. Initial enrollment being the date on which On Demand processes the student's registration request.
Please Note: Students receiving financial aid must complete their On Demand course within the same semester of registration.
Upon completion of an On Demand course, the final grade and course credits will be counted as part of the total number of hours for the semester in which the student registers.
Using Financial Aid As Payment For On Demand Courses
Students wishing to use financial aid to register for WKU On Demand will need to complete the steps below.
- Fill out the WKU On Demand Agreement, located under the "Financial Aid" tab in Topnet. Click here to access the video tutorial on filling out the financial aid form or send the link along to the student you're assisting: https://youtu.be/tba3V16h72I
- Allow 7-9 business days for the application to be processed.
- If approved, Financial Aid will notify the student, and WKU On Demand, of financial aid eligibility
- WKU On Demand verify the student's eligibility to register for the course (specifically, we make certain that prerequisites are met, and if the course is a repeat, we verify that the department head has granted permission to enroll)
- Once the student is approved for enrollment, we will place them in Blackboard to access their web course(s). They will receive a welcome e-mail at their Topper e-mail address.
Self-Pay For On Demand Courses
Students using personal funds to pay for On Demand courses have two options available for requesting registration, and making the payment:
Pay Online Using A Debit/Credit Card
- Log in to TopNet with your WKU ID# and Pin.
- Select Registration from the Student Services tab.
- Select Register for WKU On Demand.
- Follow the on screen directions provided to make your registration request.
- Once the student pays online, the On Demand office will receive their registration the next business day. As long as the student is eligible to register, they will be registered and should have access to Blackboard within 24 hours.
Call On Demand
Students may also call the office to make payment and register. We accept all major credit cards. Once payment is received, and we confirm that the student is eligible for enrollment, we will register them immediately. They will have access to Blackboard within 24 hours. We accept all major credit cards
State Tuition Waiver
In accordance with the CPE Policy Manual, WKU policy states that faculty and staff of other Kentucky higher education institutions may not use the State Tuition Waiver for courses through WKU On Demand.
On Demand Enrollment Restrictions
Students On Academic Warning or Academic Probation
Students who are on Academic Warning or Probation may not enroll in more than six hours through On Demand. They will also be automatically enrolled in Student Success Coaching. We hope by doing this it will give access to additional resources to be successful in their courses.
Students Using Financial Aid As Payment
- Students paying with financial aid must complete the course during the term in which they enroll to remain in good standing with financial aid.
- Student should plan to have all work submitted no later than December 1 for fall registrations; no later than April 30 for spring registrations; no later than July 31 for summer registrations.
- Students who do not complete the course within the term of registration, should continue to work on it, but should also understand that future financial aid eligibility may be impacted.
Students Repeating Courses
Students may not repeat a failed course through On Demand without permission from the head of the academic department.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,