WKU Student ID
WKU Online Student ID
The WKU ID Card is the official ID card of all Western Kentucky University students, faculty, and staff. Each card includes the person's name and WKU student ID number and photo.
WKU students can use their card for several things on campus and in the region, including:
- Checking out library materials (also applies to online learners)
- Discounts and/or tickets for athletic events
- Discounts at restaurants, theaters and more
Plus, it makes a great memento!
How do you get a WKU ID Card?
First, you must be a registered WKU student. From there, simply choose the method that best suits you!
- Please note: There is no charge for your initial card. However, replacement cards are $25 and must be processed through the ID Center on campus.
- Online Learners: If you are studying online and do not live in the area (or find it difficult to travel to campus during regular business hours) simply fill out the ID request form and we will mail you your ID. When filling out the form please make sure to include an e-mail address you check regularly, because you will be sent further information before you receive your ID. The turn around time is 7-10 business days.
- Regional Campus Students: If you live in the area of one of our regional campus you can visit the location and request your card. You must have a photo ID with you for verification.
- Dual Credit Students: High school students enrolled in dual credit courses must request their ID from Dual Credit. Please click here to request your Dual Credit WKU Student ID.
- On Campus (or near campus)? If you live in the area, you can come by the WKU ID Center in Downing Student Union Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm for regular semester hours, and 7:30 am until 3:00 pm during the summer semester. You must have a photo ID with you (such as a driver’s license) for verification, and you must also have your WKU ID number.
WEB Only Student IDs- If you are Dual Credit, Regional Campus or On Campus students, see other options. Submission of this form does not guarantee you will receive a WKU Online Student ID. All requests are verified to be active WEB only students BEFORE approved.