The Big Red Card for Distance Learners
The Big Red Card is the official WKU ID of all Western Kentucky University students. Each card includes the person's name and WKU student ID number. Please note: Photo IDs may only be issued through the WKU ID Center and require an in-person visit and identity verification.
WKU students can use their card for several things on campus and in the region, including:
- Checking out library materials (also applies to distance learners)
- Discounts and/or tickets for athletic events
- Discounts at restaurants, theaters and more
Plus, it makes a great memento!
How do you get a WKU ID Card?
First, you must be a registered WKU student. From there, simply choose the method that best suits you!
- Dual Credit Students: High school students enrolled in dual credit courses must request their ID from Dual Credit. Please click here to request your Dual Credit WKU Student ID.
- Distance Learners: If you are studying online and do not live in the area (or find it difficult to travel to campus during regular business hours) simply fill out the ID request form and we will mail you your ID.
- On Campus (or near campus)? If you live in the area, you can come by the WKU ID Center in Downing Student Union Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m for regular semester hours, and 7:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. during the summer semester. You must have a photo ID with you (such as a driver’s license) for verification, and you must also have your WKU ID number.
Please note: There is no charge for your initial card. However, replacement cards are $20 and must be processed through the ID Center on campus.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,