Office 365 Employee Email Migration
In our continual efforts to provide the most up-to-date resources, WKU ITS will be migrating employee email to Microsoft Office 365 (commonly noted as O365) over the coming weeks. WKU employees will receive targeted communications regarding the process and informing of any action that may be required. Over the last year, ITS staff have put forth all effort possible into planning and preparing for this migration with the goal of making it as smooth as possible.
This migration is a significant change. Some issues may be encountered, particularly depending on the device/email client software you are using. Visit the ITS Knowledge Base for information about Accessing WKU Exchange Accounts After Migration to Office 365.
What is Changing
In general, the day-to-day interaction with your email will remain unchanged. However, there are some key benefits both immediately and in the future.
- Mailbox quota size will increase significantly to 50GB.
- Upgraded Outlook for the Web experience.
- Better integration with other Office365 offerings such as OneDrive for Business.
- Faster deployment of new features.
- Creates a foundation for us to be able to offer additional services.
What to Expect
- Migrations will typically be conducted in groups of 250-500 associated individuals (college, department, unit, etc.)
- You will receive multiple emails from WKU ITS with specific information for your migration including the timeframe your mailbox will be migrated. Please take note of the information relayed.
- You may experience a brief period of inaccessibility in the final step of the migration process. This is typically contained to 5-10 minutes and will be after business hours.