Details for Commencement
Due to the tornado that occured on December 11, 2021, we are offering our Fall graduates the opportunity to participate in the Spring 2022 ceremony.
May 5, 2022 - Topper Walk
Location: Kentucky Building
Line up at 5:45pm on the side walk in front of the KY Building. Topper Walk begins at 6:30pm.
All graduates join together representing their colleges to take their final walk across campus before the conferring of their degrees.
Students will receive their red towels to wave as they Topper Walk from the meeting place of their academic college into L.T. Smith Stadium. Family and friends can watch the procession into the stadium to their seats on the field, then they will find their seats in L.T. Smith Stadium.
Location: Houchens Industries-L.T. Smith Stadium
Western Kentucky University's Commencement Ceremony will begin once students have been seated in L.T. Smith Stadium on the field from the Topper Walk. During the Commencement Ceremony, each college will acknowledge their graduates, and President Timothy C. Caboni will present the graduates to the Board of Regents for the conferral of degrees.
Location: South Lawn
The Big Red Bash will immediately follow the Commencement Ceremony. Graduates and their guests are invited to South Lawn to enjoy live music by Music City Sound, a celebratory toast and food vendors. We encourage our graduates and their guests to stay and enjoy the fireworks!
May 6, 2022 - Recognition Ceremony
Location: DSU, 3rd floor, 10:00am - 6:00pm
March 29, 2022 March 30, 2022 March 31, 2022
Snag your GRAD PACK. They will be available to pick up at Graduation Fair, where students also pick up their cap and gown.
To register for grad packs, visit http://alumni.wku.edu/spring22gradpack
Recognition Ceremony Video
Details to come.
Parking Information and Directions
Detailed information regarding parking and directions can be found here.
Click hereto view a map of Western Kentucky University's campus.
Recognition Ceremony Broadcast
For family and friends who are unable to attend the GFCB Recognition Ceremony, there are several opportunities to view the event live:
- WKU PBS TV
- WKU Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/WKUNews/)
- WKU YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/wkunews)
Application for Graduation
Before completing a degree, students need to apply for graduation throughTopNet. This allows students to provide WKU with information regarding the completion of your graduation requirements, and is required once a student is close to completing their degree. For more information on WKU's Application for Graduation,click here.
Pick up Your Cap & Gown
Academic regalia that should be worn to Saturday's event can be picked up at the WKU Store.
Undergraduate students who maintain outstanding academic achievement are recognized by wearing red and white honor cords. Criteria for graduation honors are:
- Cum Laude—The graduation honor given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.40 - 3.59 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned through instruction at WKU.
- Magna Cum Laude—The graduation honor given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.60 - 3.79 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned through instruction at WKU.
- Summa Cum Laude—The graduation honor given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.80 - 4.00 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned through instruction at WKU.
The diploma will be mailed to the student's address listed in their Application for Graduation (which can be altered via TopNet if the mailing address has changed). Diplomas for graduates will be mailed approximately 3 to 6 weeks following the Recognition Ceremony. For more information about diplomas, click here.
It is recommended that guests be seated 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
Recognition Ceremony weekend will be very busy with other activities in the Bowling Green community. If overnight accommodations are necessary, it is recommended that reservations be made immediately. Local hotel information is provided by the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce.