Schedule of Ceremonies
|Friday, May 11th|
|University-wide Ceremony||6:00 p.m.||L.T. Smith Stadium (Rain or Shine)|
|Big Red Bash||7:00 p.m.||South Lawn|
|Saturday, May 12th|
|College of Health and Human Services||8:00 a.m.||
|Univeristy College||10:00 a.m.|
|Ogden College of Science and Engineering||12:00 p.m.|
|College of Education and Behavioral Sciences||2:00 p.m.|
|Potter College of Arts and Letters||4:00 p.m.|
|Gordon Ford College of Business||6:00 p.m.|
Reception for Gordon Ford Students, Friends, & Family
Grise Hall Front Lawn - 4:00 p.m.
Enjoy refreshments, a photo booth, and fellowship with faculty, staff, and students before getting ready for the Commencement Ceremony.
Commencement Shoutout Video
Parking Information and Directions
Detailed information regarding parking and directions to E.A. Diddle Arena can be found here.
Click here to view a map of Western Kentucky University's campus.
For family and friends who are unable to attend the GFCB Commencement Ceremony, there are several opportunities to view the event live:
- WKU PBS TV
- WKU Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/WKUNews/)
- WKU YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/wkunews)
Application for Graduation
Before completing a degree, students need to apply for graduation through TopNet. This allows students to provide WKU with information regarding the completeion of your graduation requirements, and is required once a student is close to completing their degree. For more information on WKU's Application for Graduation, click here.
Pick up Your Cap & Gown
Academic regalia that should be worn to both Friday night and Saturday events can be picked up at the WKU Store.
Undergraduate students who maintain outstanding academic achievement are recognized by wearing red and white honor cords. Criteria for graduation honors are:
- Cum Laude—The graduation honor given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.40 - 3.59 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned through instruction at WKU.
- Magna Cum Laude—The graduation honor given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.60 - 3.79 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned through instruction at WKU.
- Summa Cum Laude—The graduation honor given to students who have completed their baccalaureate study with both cumulative overall and cumulative WKU grade point averages of 3.80 - 4.00 and a minimum of 45 semester hours earned through instruction at WKU.
The diploma will be mailed to the student's address listed in their Application for Graduation (which can be altered via TopNet if the mailing address has changed). Diplomas for graduates will be mailed approximately 3 to 6 weeks following commencement. For more information about diplomas, click here.
Candidates for graduation will be seated on the floor of Diddle Arena. All seats for families and guests of the graduates are available on a first come, first serve basis. It is recommended that guests be seated 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
Accessible seating is available on the second level of the arena. Elevators are available at each entrance. One additional guest may accompany the attendee with a disability to this area. To assure accessible seating for all who need to be accommodated, we ask that other guests be seated near the accessible seating areas.
Commencement weekend will be very busy with other activities in the Bowling Green community. If overnight accommodations are necessary, it is recommended that reservations be made immediately. Local hotel information is provided by the Bowling Green Area Chamber of Commerce.