The Gatton Academy
1906 College Heights Blvd. #71031
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1031
Study Abroad to Costa Rica
Travel Abroad to Italy
Gatton Offices Open
Building Opens at 1PM
Spring Semester Starts
Class of 2020 Deadline
Class of 2020 Interview Day
Closed Weekend (Spring Break)
Gatton Academy Student Research Showcase
Requirements for Admission into The Gatton Academy
Regular Admission to The Gatton Academy (Current Sophomores)
We are excited that you have shown an interest in enrolling at The Carol Martin Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky. The mission of the Gatton Academy is to offer a residential program for bright, highly motivated Kentucky high school students who have demonstrated interests in pursuing advanced careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Before beginning the application process, please ensure that you qualify or intend to meet qualifications for admission to the Gatton Academy.
Gatton Academy applicants for the Class of 2020 must
- be a current resident of the state of Kentucky as stated by the Kentucky Council of Postsecondary Education,
- be a sophomore or have achieved sophomore status (as stated by their sending school) at the time of application (February 1),
- be a junior (as stated by their sending school) at the time of enrollment to The Gatton Academy (August 1 of the same application year),
- complete Geometry and Algebra II prior to enrollment,
- score a minimum 22 math on the ACT or score a minimum 520 math on the SAT, and
- submit all required materials no later than February 1, 2018
Second Semester Admissions (Current Juniors)
Although rare, some students in our history have been selected for January admission as juniors.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,