The Gatton Academy's Admissions Requirements
We are excited that you have shown an interest in enrolling at The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky. The mission of The Gatton Academy is to offer a residential program for bright, highly motivated Kentucky high school students who have demonstrated interests in pursuing advanced careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Before beginning the application process, please ensure that you qualify or intend to meet qualifications for admission to The Gatton Academy.
Gatton Academy applicants for the Class of 2025 (Sophomores) must
- be a current domiciled resident of the state of Kentucky as stated by the Kentucky Council of Postsecondary Education,
- be a sophomore or have achieved sophomore status (as stated by their sending school) at the time of application (February 1),
- be a junior (as stated by their sending school) at the time of enrollment to The Gatton Academy (August 1 of the same application year),
- complete Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II prior to enrollment,
- score a minimum 22 math on the ACT or score a minimum 540 math on the SAT, and
- submit all required materials no later than February 1, 2023
Review the Application Instructions and Begin Your Journey Here
Gatton Academy Main Office
This page will introduce you to The Gatton Academy's Admission Process.
This page will introduce you to the requirements of The Gatton Academy.
Here, you will find all the information needed on completing The Gatton Academy's admissions application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
These questions tend to be some of the most frequently asked questions by both prospective students and their families.
Recruitment and Preview Days
Are we coming to your area of the Commonwealth? Keep up to date with this page as we just may be coming to a town near you!
Are you curious whether you are too early or late to apply? If so, click on this link and you will find a helpful timeline so you can know what needs to be done.
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.