We highly encourage families to consider attending one of our Preview Days held on the WKU campus. Preview Days are a wonderful opportunity for prospective applicants and their families to meet with current Gatton Academy students and their parents, visit our campus, and gain a better understanding of student life at The Gatton Academy.
- September 12, 2020
- Deadline to register is September 10.
- October 17, 2020
- Deadline to register is October 15.
- November 7, 2020
- Deadline to register is November 5.
- April 2021 (TBA)
- Preview Day for Classes of 2024 (Freshmen) and beyond.
During the first 2 to 3 weeks of September, members of The Gatton Academy's staff travel the state to visit schools and talk to Guidance Counselors and Administrators. During these visits, we hand out our newest materials, answer any questions they may have, and, at times, have the opportunity to talk to current students who are interested.
Below is the list of our staff members and the counties they will be traveling to in early September.
- Dr. Julia Roberts
- Henry, Jefferson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer, Trimble
- Dr. Lynette Breedlove
- Anderson, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Jessamine, Madison, Mercer, Scott, Washington, Woodford
- Dr. Christopher "Pokey" Bowen
- Boone, Kenton, Campbell
- Dr. Derick Strode
- Adair, Boyle, Casey, Clinton, Cumberland, Lincoln, Marion, Metcalfe, Monroe, Pulaski, Taylor
- Beth Hawke
- Bell, Clay, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Leslie, Letcher, McCreary, Perry Rockcastle, Whitley
- Bourbon, Bracken, Carroll, Gallatin, Grant, Harrison, Mason, Nicholas, Owen, Pendleton, Robertson
- AD, Admissions and Public Relations
- Bath, Boyd, Breathitt, Carter, Elliott, Fleming, Floyd, Greenup, Johnson, Knott, Lawrence, Lee, Lewis, Magoffin, Martin, Menifee, Montgomery, Morgan, Owsley, Pike, Powell, Rowan, Wolfe
- Alex Sorrels
- Breckinridge, Bullitt, Grayson, Green, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, LaRue, Meade, Nelson
- Ballard, Caldwell, Calloway, Carlisle, Crittenden, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Livingston, Lyon, Marshall, McCracken, Trigg,
- Allen, Barren,Butler, Christian, Daviess, Edmonson, Henderson, Hopkins, Logan, McLean, Muhlenberg, Ohio, Simpson, Todd, Union, Warren, Webster
High School and Community Information Sessions
We are currently in the planning process for the fall of 2019. As visits are planned or once we visit a school, we note both the school/community and the date below.
If you would like a representative to attend your area or your high school, please email us.
2020 - 2021 Sessions
Each year, The Gatton Academy visits high schools and communities around the Commonwealth of Kentucky during the fall and spring semesters. Information sessions are a wonderful opportunity to speak with Gatton Academy representatives without having to travel to Bowling Green.
The following information sessions (when scheduled), which could be school-day visits, lunchroom visits, or evening sessions with parents and students, will be listed below:
Want to know where we have visited in the past?
The Gatton Academy actively recruits students from the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Each year, we visit schools all across the state in order to inform students, their families, and school administration about the opportunities available at The Gatton Academy.
August 3, 2020 - #gatton2023 Application Opens
February 1, 2021 - #gatton2023 Deadline
February 27, 2021 - #gatton2023 Interview Day
Early March, 2021 - Acceptance/Wait List Decisions Announced via Email
This page will introduce you to the requirements of The Gatton Academy.
Here, one will find all the information needed on completing The Gatton Academy's admissions application.
Are we coming to your area of the Commonwealth? Keep up to date with this page as we just may be coming to a town near you!
Are you curious as to if you are too early or too late to apply? If so, click on this link and you will find a helpful timeline so you can know what needs to be done.