Here are some general recommendations when using the DLTC:
- Please fill out the faculty exam request form before telling students to register.
- Make sure you include the exact number of students in your class on the faculty exam request form. This information is important because it is used to determine if there is enough space available during the requested timeframe.
- Please be very specific with additional instructions when applicable. For instance, if you are allowing the student to use notes during the exam, please inform the DL Testing Staff if you would like for the notes to be collected and kept with the exam, destroyed, or if the students can keep them instead.*Our recommendation is to collect and destroy any notes, handouts, or scratch paper used to ensure the integrity of the exam.
- Proctoring Fees: We ask faculty to consider placing a statement in their syllabus
regarding the possibility of proctor fees for students who need to use a remote proctoring
location, such as the following:
- The WKU DL Testing Centers do not charge a fee; however, the WKU Remote Proctoring Network includes proctor locations who charge for the proctoring services as well as those who do not charge. Students are responsible for payment of any proctoring fees if they choose to use a proctor who charges a fee for this service. Students are also responsible for any additional fees that might be associated with the use of a particular proctoring site, such as parking fees.
Here are some recommendations for exam setup:
- Do NOT set force completion on your Blackboard exams. This allows us to immediately re-enter a student into an exam (with the password) in the event of a technical problem; the student can then resume the exam instead of restarting again.
- If you would like to use force completion, please add the DL Testing Centers professional staff members as teaching assistants in Blackboard so that we can reset exams if there are technical issues. Please call 270-745-5122 and we would be happy to supply you with our WKU IDs and any other information needed to do so. However, we do not recommend force completion because if a student is kicked out of the exam, they will have to redo the entire exam once they are reset.
- Students are not stopped when they reach the max allotted time for an exam if they
are taking it online. If you want your students to submit the exam at the max allotted
time, please use the "Auto Submit" feature in Blackboard. If you select "yes" for
auto-submit, it will save the exam for the student and submit it when the student
reaches the max allotted time whether the student has completed the exam or not. If
you do not want your students stopped at the max allotted time, please do not select
this option. Please also be aware that this option may cause issues within the testing
center if there is an emergency such as a fire alarm because your student will lose
time during the exam requiring the exam to be reset and started again.
- Please inform us via the faculty exam request form if you select form completion or auto-submit.
- The DL Testing Centers highly recommend that you change your passwords for exams each
- Students are stopped at the max allotted time if they are taking a paper exam unless otherwise instructed. Please make sure to complete this question on the faculty exam request form if you would prefer for your students not to be stopped at the max allotted time.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,