Study Abroad Calendar
- Date: Saturday, March 31st, 20122012-03-31
- Time: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Location: The Knicely Conference CenterThe Knicely Conference Center
The International Education Council hosts the WKU Statewide Study Abroad Symposium on Saturday, March 31, 2012.
Students and Faculty who have engaged in academic work in a country other than their country of origin are eligible will present at the WKU Statewide Study Abroad Symposium. The Symposium was open to students at any post-secondary institutions in Kentucky who studied abroad during a term beginning from the Fall of 2009 through Summer 2011.
The goal of the symposium is to extract from students' examples of how the role of international academic experiences enhances student learning.
The Symposium will be an opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students to discuss the academic structure and benefits that accompany education abroad, while faculty share their expertise in leading programs and discuss best practices with peers from 11 institutions of higher education from across the state of Kentucky.
Tentative Schedule of Events:
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM - Reception/Registration
- 10:00 - 11:00 AM - Opening Remarks
- 11:00 AM - Noon - Art/Media Presentations
- Noon - 1:00 PM - Student Oral Presentations
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM - Break
- 2:00 - 3:00 PM - Faculty Presentations
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM - Alumni Panel
- 4:00 - 6:00 PM - Break
- 6:00 - 8:00 PM - Dinner Plenary Session (Invitation Only)
Location: The Knicely Conference Center
Students and Faculty Presenters are allowed fifteen (15) minutes, followed by five (5) minutes for questions/answers and discussion.
Please join us for a day of celebrating study abroad!