Research & Creative Activities Program (RCAP)
RCAP is an internal grant program administered by the Office of Research and Creative Activity to encourage eligible full-time faculty and instructors to develop individual projects leading to the pursuit of external funding sources, and the promotion of research, scholarly, and creative activities.
RCAP support targets all disciplines, and is administered through two project categories:
Category I funds are considered "seed" monies to enhance the competitiveness of a subsequent submission of a new or renewal proposal for external funding. Awardees are required to submit a proposal for extramural funding as a result of RCAP support.
Awards are granted up to $16,000.
Category II funds support the general development, expansion, or enhancement of faculty research and scholarly activity, and/or the creative and performing arts. Awardees are not required to submit a proposal for extramural funding as a result of RCAP support.
Awards are granted up to $8,000.
For questions or further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying to RCAP
RCAP is now accepting applications for the FY21 cycle!
- November 12, 2019 - attend the RCAP Panel Discussion (Register)
- January 29, 2020 - attend the Intro to Internal Grants Seminar (TBA)
- February 4 , 2020 - stop by the walk-in work day in WAB 208 (8-4pm)
- February 7, 2020 – application due to your Department Head
- February 14, 2020 – application due to the Dean (or designee)
- February 28, 2020, 11:59 p.m. – complete and approved application due to email@example.com
Sample RCAP Forms
RCAP Review Committee
WKU faculty volunteer to serve on the application review committee each year. If you are interested in becoming a RCAP reviewer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.