The mission of the BSW Program at Western Kentucky University is to prepare culturally competent professionals who practice with diverse communities and client systems. The program promotes a commitment to professional ethics, leadership, professionalism, social justice and lifelong learning in order for graduates to practice successfully in a global community.
• To prepare generalist social workers who are culturally competent and adept at integrating professional knowledge, values, and skills for practice with diverse populations and multigenerational client systems of various sizes
• To foster a respect for diversity and a commitment to the common good through the advancement of social justice.
• To instill a sense of oneself as a citizen of the world who is committed to ongoing
professional growth and development
(Adopted by BSW Faculty 2008)
- Honors Students
- SWSU (Social Work Student Union)
- Phi Alpha Honor Society
- Study Abroad & Global Learning
Becoming a Social Work Major at WKU!
BSW Program Options
Other Important Links
- WKU Social Work Alumni Survey
- WKU Admissions
- WKU Academic & Career Development Center (Student Advising)
- WKU Tuition Rates
- Social Work Library Resources
- 1906 College Heights Blvd.
Academic Complex Room 110
Bowling Green KY 42101
- (270) 745-5313
- (270) 745-6841