Social Work Minor (effective Fall 2019)
Students wishing to MINOR* in Social Work must complete 21 hours of Social Work courses, including the following:
- SWRK 101: Foundations of Human Services (Fall and Spring)
- SWRK 300: Diversity and Social Welfare
- SWRK 301: Social Work Practice for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (Fall only)*
- SWRK 330: Human Behavior in Social Environment I (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer)
- SWRK 357: Case Management (Spring only)
- SWRK Electives: Two SWRK-prefix electives on different topics. (Electives are typically offered each Fall, Spring, and Summer semester and occasionally in Winter).
*SWRK 101 must be completed before taking SWRK 301.
Practice courses and Field Placement courses are not available to minors.
*IMPORTANT; A minor in Social Work does not qualify a student as a professional social worker, as a member of the professional organization, for licensure by the State of Kentucky, for advanced standing in a graduate school of social work, nor for Social Work practice in an employment situation.
- Honors Students
- SWSU (Social Work Student Union)
- Phi Alpha Honor Society
- Study Abroad & Global Learning
Becoming a Social Work Major at WKU!
BSW Program Options
Other Important Links
- WKU Social Work Alumni Survey
- WKU Admissions
- WKU Academic & Career Development Center (Student Advising)
- WKU Tuition Rates
- Social Work Library Resources
- 1906 College Heights Blvd.
Academic Complex Room 110
Bowling Green KY 42101
- (270) 745-5313
- (270) 745-6841