Are you interested in bringing HEALTH CAREERS to your classroom?
SC KY AHEC is dedicated to promoting health careers to Kentucky students. We strongly believe that anyone interested in the health field should have the opportunity to pursue that interest. We will work with educators to create and fund programs that promotes health careers in the classroom. Interested in guest speakers? We can help! Interested in stating an after school club about health careers? We'll fund it!
- Health Career Clubs and Camps -- A unique opportunity to create a science club or camp (fully funded by AHEC) for your school.
- Meet the Professional -- Are your students interested in talking with health professionals? AHEC will coordinate regular video conference sessions with health professionals from across the country. Participating schools must have access to a web camera.
If you are interested in receiving funding for new health career materials or programming, please contact Catherine Malin to begin the partnership application process. Past partnerships have included: funding for pharmacy technician certification, procurement of training simulators such as blood pressure arms and phlebotomy arms, and more.
AHEC will meet with students during Operation Preparation to discuss career opportunities in the health field. Contact Catherine Malin to schedule your Operation Preparation visit.
AHEC loves to create new health career programming for schools. Simply contact Catherine Malin (270-745-3325) with your school's needs or wants and she will create a health career program that meets your requirements.
Examples of programs AHEC has helped create or coordinate for schools:
- School field trips to college campuses and hospitals
- Study Hall Skills days -- students have the option to learn basic medical skills instead of going to study hall
- CPR -- training students in CPR and AED
- Classroom Dissection
- Homework assignments related to health career exploration
- Classroom curriculum that incorporates health career exposure
- Presentations at teacher meetings and workshops to educate teachers about incorporating health careers into the classroom.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,