Potter College Opportunity Scholarship Fund
The Potter College Opportunity Scholarship Fund is a needs-based fund available to assist enrolled PCAL students. Funding requests in any category will be considered, but we will prioritize applications where students are struggling with specific needs that can be resolved by a one-time disbursement of up to $500. The PCAL Opportunity Fund provides support for specific, one-time, discrete costs whose total value is less than $500. Requests that exceed $500 or ask to direct $500 toward an expense greater than $500, will not be funded.
Examples of requests that could be funded by the PCAL Opportunity Fund:
- “After exhausting my financial aid, I am $281 short of being able to pay my tuition.”
- “I need my car to be able to come to campus. I am facing a $412 car repair bill that I cannot pay.”
Example of things that will not be funded by the PCAL Opportunity Fund:
- “My proposed study abroad trip will cost $3800. I would put anything up to $500 dollars towards the cost of the trip.”
- “I would like to replace my current computer. The computer I would like to buy costs $1200. I would use any more I receive from this fund toward that.”
- Student must be enrolled at WKU.
- Student must be majoring in Potter College.
- Complete TOPDollar application for the semester.
Applications are due on the 15th of each month. Students will be notified no later than the 30th of each month. Students may be awarded up to $500. Awards are non-renewable, but recipients may reapply for consideration in future years.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 270-745-2344
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.