Office of Professional Educator Services
Praxis Test Preparation
*Note: When preparing for the Praxis exams, it should be noted that the Educational Testing Service (ETS) is the creator and administrator of the test and will have the most reliable and up-to-date material.
For a list of Praxis prep workshops, please visit the following website: http://www.wku.edu/teacherservices/praxis_workshop.php.
Online Test Prep
- Educational Testing Service (ETS)- http://www.ets.org/praxis/prepare/materials/ - This site contains study companions, study guides, practice tests and more.
- Northstar Learning’s Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators Test Prep – This is an intensive online test prep program for the Praxis CASE exam. If you are a WKU student and would like to use this program, please contact the Office of Teacher Services at (270)745-4897. This service is free to WKU teacher education majors.
- Learning Express- This is a free program through the Kentucky Virtual Library. To
use the website for Praxis prep, use the following steps.
- 1. Go to http://www.learningexpresslibrary3.com
- 2. Login (Create an account if you are not already a registered user).
- 3. Click on the “All Centers” drop down menu
- 4. Click on “Career Center”
- 5. Click on “Prepare for an Occupation Exam”
- 6. Scroll down the list on the left and click on “Teaching”
- 7. Select the test you want to prepare for
- Testing and Education Reference Center via Gale Database through WKU Libraries
- 1. Go to http://www.wku.edu/library/
- 2. Click on “Databases”
- 3. From the alphabetical listing of databases, select “Gale Databases”
- 4. Scroll down and click on “Testing & Education Reference Center”
- 5. Click on “Career Tools”
- 6. Click on “Teaching (PRAXIS)”
- Note: You will be prompted to login or register to use the program
- Teachers Test Prep- http://www.teacherstestprep.com/
Praxis Resources available at WKU
Test Prep Videos and Webinars
- For a list of upcoming test preparation webinars or to access pre-recorded webinars through ETS, visit http://www.ets.org/praxis/prepare/webinars/.
- The Praxis test familiarization videos include information you should know when preparing for the test. You may use the following link to see walk-throughs of a testing center, watch a demonstration of what it’s like taking the computer-based test, etc. http://www.ets.org/praxis/prepare/video/
Praxis Test Strategies and Tips
Test Prep Books
- Praxis: Core Academic Skills for Educators by LLC LearningExpress (this book can also be accessed through the Learning Express webpage if you have a registered account)
- Barron’s Praxis, 7th Edition: CORE/PLT- This book covers the Praxis Core, PLT, and Elementary Education Multiple Subjects Assessments exams.
- Core Math Made Easy by Dr. Lynn Gardner
- Praxis Core for DUMMIES by Carla Kirkland & Chan Cleveland
- The Educational Resources Center on the first floor of Gary Ransdell Hall has Praxis prep books that may be checked out for use while in the Center.
Test Prep Apps
**Note: Some apps may have a cost associated with them. All apps should be researched for their reliability.**
- Praxis® Core Academic Skills Exam Prep 2015
- Praxis II: PLT K-6 Exam Prep
Reducing Test Anxiety