Praxis Test Preparation
Important Praxis Test Information
Praxis Tests taken using the At Home option will not automatically report scores.
- Score recipients must be added for all Praxis exam test takers.
- Test Takers will need to list the state agency - Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (code 7283) as one of the free score recipients.
- Western Kentucky University will also need to be added as a score recipient.
- Both of these recipients can be added for free at the time of testing.
Pending Praxis Scores in EPSB:
When logging into EPSB if you see your Praxis scores are pending, you will need to follow the instructions below to resolve this issue:
- If you took the test(s) out-of-state and did not request the scores to be sent to EPSB, please log on to ETS.org and request that your scores be sent to EPSB (Education Professional Standards Board). You will need to use their state code #7283 to add them as a score recipient when you make your request. ETS charges a $50 fee for this request.
- If you took the test(s) in-state, please contact KDE Office of Education, Licensure & Effectiveness at 1-888-598-7667, press “0”, and ask for Professional Learning Assessments to verify that your social security number is correct in their database, as well as on your Praxis score report.
Information on Praxis educator preparation entry assessments may be found on the ETS website.
At Home Testing Option information is located at https://www.ets.org/s/cv/praxis/the-americas/.
Please note pending Praxis scores will impact your eligibility to become certified to teach in Kentucky. Pending scores are caused by not listing the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (KY-EPSB) as a score recipient when you take your exam. Please make sure you list both EPSB and WKU as score recipients. If your scores have to be requested at a later time ETS charges a $50 fee for each score.
Two FREE Core Praxis Test Prep Options
- WKU Center for Literacy offers pre-tests to help students identify their strengths and weaknesses with the Praxis exams. This information provides an optimal tutoring experience for students.
- Based on Praxis practice (pre-test) scores the WKU Center for Literacy may be able to offer assistance with scholarships for the official exams with ETS. Funding is limited, so we recommend scheduling your pre-test during your first introductory education course with WKU, or right away if you are a transfer student.
- WKU Center for Literacy offers assistance with many different Praxis tests. Tutoring is available for the Praxis CORE and PLT exams. Study materials for the Praxis exams are also available.
- For more information about the WKU Center for Literacy please contact:
Coordinator: Jeremy Logsdon
Free Tutoring Available
- WKU Center for Literacy offers assistance through two dedicated student workers who have passed the Praxis CORE and will offer assistance for any student on both a walk-in or appointment basis.
- For assistance with Praxis practice tests, tutoring, or other study advice, please come to the WKU Center for Literacy in Gary Ransdell Hall 2066 or email email@example.com.
We encourage you to practice using one or both of these sites before taking the Core Praxis exams. This will help ensure that you are prepared and ready on your test day. Good luck Toppers!