Praxis Test Preparation
Important Praxis Test Information
Praxis Tests taken using the At Home option will not automatically report scores.
- Score recipients must be added for all Praxis exam test takers.
- Test Takers will need to list the state agency - Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (code 7283) as one of the free score recipients.
- Western Kentucky University will also need to be added as a score recipient.
- Both of these recipients can be added for free at the time of testing.
Pending Praxis Scores in EPSB:
When logging into EPSB if you see your Praxis scores are pending, you will need to follow the instructions below to resolve this issue:
- If you took the test(s) out-of-state and did not request the scores to be sent to EPSB, please log on to ETS.org and request that your scores be sent to EPSB (Education Professional Standards Board). You will need to use their state code #7283 to add them as a score recipient when you make your request. ETS charges a $50 fee for this request.
- If you took the test(s) in-state, please contact KDE Office of Education, Licensure & Effectiveness at 1-888-598-7667, press “0”, and ask for Professional Learning Assessments to verify that your social security number is correct in their database, as well as on your Praxis score report.
Information on Praxis educator preparation entry assessments may be found on the ETS website.
At Home Testing Option information is located at https://www.ets.org/s/cv/praxis/the-americas/.
Please note pending Praxis scores will impact your eligibility to become certified to teach in Kentucky. Pending scores are caused by not listing the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (KY-EPSB) as a score recipient when you take your exam. Please make sure you list both EPSB and WKU as score recipients. If your scores have to be requested at a later time ETS charges a $50 fee for each score.
Two FREE Online Core Praxis Test Prep Options
- Applies to the Reading, Writing, and Math Core Exams
- Both are web-based online practice sites that offer unlimited access
- Both assist you with practice that mirrors the actual test for the Core Exams
Longsdale Publishing Site
- Free Access Using your WKU 800#
- School of Teacher Education has purchased a site license specifically for our WKU students.
- To learn how to access this site please email Wendy Delk in our OPES office, to receive a WKU access code.
- There will be no charge for accessing this account.
Free Tutoring Available
- WKU Center for Literacy offers assistance through two dedicated student workers who have passed the Praxis CORE and will offer assistance for any student on both a walk-in or appointment basis.
- For assistance with Praxis practice tests, tutoring, or other study advice, please come to the WKU Center for Literacy in Gary Ransdell Hall 2066 or email email@example.com.
We encourage you to practice using one or both of these sites before taking the Core Praxis exams. This will help ensure that you are prepared and ready on your test day. Good luck Toppers!