WKU CO-TEACH TRAINING
Thank you for agreeing to supervise a WKU student teacher. Kentucky Regulations 16 KAR 5:040 requires cooperating teachers and university supervisors to complete training on their basic responsibilities prior to supervising a student teacher. Part A of this training is provided by the KY Department of Education’s Office of Educator Licensure and Effectiveness (OELE) and includes an online assessment.
Changes, effective July 1, 2019, regarding Cooperating Teacher Part A Training
If you already passed Part A training, via Edmodo prior to July 1, 2019, you do not need to take this assessment again in iDrive Digital.
Information on the new cooperating teacher requirements (16 KAR 5:040) can be found
- Part A: Basic responsibilities of a cooperating teacher supervisor (using iDrive site)
- Part B: Best practice in supporting a student teacher (Training)
- Part C: Effective assessment of the student teacher (WKU Student Teaching Handbook)
Part A: Basic responsibilities of a cooperating teacher supervisor ( iDrive Quiz)
Access to this Part A online training and assessment:
- Cooperating Teacher Part A Training iDrive Digital site
- Directions for creating an iDrive Digital account to access the P-12 Co-Teaching Training
Part B: Best practice in supporting a student teacher (KACTE Developed Training)
Part B of this training is provided by the Kentucky Department of Education’s Office of Educator Licensure and Effectiveness (OELE). http://www.epsb.ky.gov/mod/page/view.php?id=476 You will watch a training video that is designed to help prepare you for your supervisory role with an introduction to the best practices when supporting a student teacher. After completion of the video, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you have watched Part B Video.
Part C: Effective assessment of the student teacher
The WKU Student Teaching Handbook is only intended for review. https://www.wku.edu/educatorservices/student_teaching/documents/st_handbook.pdf Please familiarize yourself with the new forms and responsibilities.
WKU Training Materials
- Co-Teaching Model at WKU (PDF presentation, or download as PPT
- Assessing Your Student Teaching Program
- Co-teaching Strategy Chart
The Seven Methods of Co-Teaching
Dr. Rebecca Stobaugh talks about The Seven Methods of Co-Teaching (Duration: 20:50)
St. Cloud Co-Teaching Information