Undergraduate Admission and Application Requirements
Entering Freshman are encouraged to declare their major as "Communication Disorders - Seeking Admission" (then under "Choose a group" select "None" or "On Campus") for faculty advisement on appropriate courses. Students will be assigned an advisor at the university level until formally admitted to the major. Formal admission is made in the second semester of the sophomore year.
Acceptance to the undergraduate program in Communication Disorders is selective. This means not all who apply will be accepted as there are limited seats available.
Criteria for Acceptance
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 when applying for program admission
- Students who apply but have not yet completed the Foundation Courses (CD 280, CD 290, and CD 347) may be admitted but must complete the Foundation Courses prior to beginning or during the fall semester.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 15 for consideration for acceptance to the program. Application materials include:
- Completed Department Application - Click here to access application.
- Completed Essential Functions and Technical Standards Acknowledgement Form - Click here to access this form.
- Full Unofficial Transcript indicating a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Transfer students must also apply and be accepted to WKU prior to applying to the department. Click here to apply online now.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance decisions in March.
CSD Meet and Greet
The Communication Sciences and Disorders Department hosts a Meet and Greet each Fall and Spring semester. The purpose of the session is to provide potential students and families with general program information and answer advising questions. It may be conducted virtually based upon university guidelines. Contact email@example.com if you are interested in attending a Meet and Greet or scheduling an individual meeting. Caregivers and family members are welcome to attend.