Entering Freshman are encouraged to declare major as "Communication Disorders - Seeking Admission" (then under "Choose a group" select "None" or "On Campus") for faculty advisement on appropriate courses. Students will be assigned an ACE advisor until formally admitted to the major. Formal admission is made in the second semester of the sophomore year.
Acceptance to the undergraduate program in Communication Disorders is selective. This means not all who apply will be accepted as there are limited seats available.
Criteria for Acceptance
- Students admitted to WKU prior to Fall 2015 - Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.2 when applying for program admission
- Students admitted to WKU Fall 2015 and after - Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.5 when applying for program admission; ACT/SAT score is also be considered. A GAP score will be computed by multiplying the most current GPA and the student's ACT/SAT score.
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted to Leisa Hutchison no later than February 15 for consideration for acceptance to the program. Application materials include:
- Completed Department Application - Click here to access application for students admitted to WKU prior to Fall 2015
- Completed Department Application - Click here to access application for students admitted to WKU Fall 2015 and after
- Unofficial Transcript indicating a minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA (if admitted to WKU prior to Fall 2015)
- Unofficial Transcript indicating a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA (if admitted to WKU Fall 2015 and after)
- Documentation of highest ACT or SAT score (if admitted to WKU Fall 2015 and after)
- Transfer students must also apply and be accepted to WKU prior to applying to the department. Click here to apply online now.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance decisions in mid-late March. For questions regarding application process please contact Leisa Hutchison at email@example.com
CSD Meet and Greet
The Communication Sciences and Disorders Department hosts a Meet and Greet each Fall and Spring semester. The purpose of the session is to provide potential students and families with general program information, answer advising questions, and tour the Communication Disorders Clinic and Academic Complex. The next Meet and Greet will be held Monday, November 23, 2015 beginning at 1:00 PM at the WKU-Graves Gilbert Health Services Building located at 1681 normal drive. Please e-mail Leigh Anne Roden-Carrier at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve seats for you and your family today.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,