Communication Disorders Staff
- Clinical Associate Professor
- Academic Complex 108-I
- CD 290 - Clinical Observation
- CD 347 - Science of Speech and Hearing
- CD 482 - Audiology
- CD 487 - Aural Rehabilition
- CD 515 - Rehabilitative Audiology
Jeffrey A. Barefoot is a Clinical Associate Professor for both the undergraduate and graduate programs. He is certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and is an active member of the Kentucky Speech-Language-Hearing Association where he served as treasurer and secretary.
Dr. Barefoot earned his Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders at Western Kentucky University, a Master of Science in Audiology from the University of Louisville, a Master of Science in Health Care Administration from Western Kentucky University and Doctoral degree in Audiology from A.T. Still University.
Dr. Barefoot has over 15 years of experience working in a variety of settings including industrial, corporate, and clinical settings. He currently teaches fulltime, provides clinical hearing services at the WKU Communication Disorders Clinic and provides undergraduate academic advising. He is a faculty sponsor for the WKU campus National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Professional areas of interest include classroom acoustics, noise, and psychology of the hearing impaired.
- Learning should improve the quality of life of the student and those they serve
- To integrate relevant and clinically useful experience into course content
- Foster an academic context that supports student growth through critical thinking
- Provide students with a strong foundation for professional development
- Inspire life long learning in and outside the discipline