Jeffrey Barefoot, Au.D, CCC-A
Clinical Assistant Professor
Office: Academic Complex 108-I
CD 290 Clinical Observation
CD 347 Bases of Speech
CD 482 Audiology
CD 487 Aural Rehabilition
CD 515 Rehabilitative Audiology
Jeffrey A. Barefoot is a Clinical Assistant Professor for both the undergraduate and graduate programs. He is certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association and is an active member of the Kentucky Speech Language Hearing Association where he served as treasurer and secretary.
Dr. Barefoot earned his Bachelor of Science in Communication Disorders at Western Kentucky University, a Master of Science in Audiology from the University of Louisville, a Master of Science in Health Care Administration from Western Kentucky University and Doctoral degree in Audiology from A.T. Still University.
Dr. Barefoot has over 15 years of experience working in a variety of settings including: industrial, corporate and clinical settings. He currently teaches fulltime, provides clinical hearing services at the WKU Communication Disorders Clinic and provides undergraduate academic advising. He is a faculty sponsor for the WKU campus National Student Speech Language Hearing Association. Professional areas of interest include classroom acoustics, noise and psychology of the hearing impaired.
- Learning should improve the quality of life of the student and those they serve
- To integrate relevant and clinically useful experience into course content
- Foster an academic context that supports student growth through critical thinking
- Provide students with a strong foundation for professional development
- Inspire life long learning in and outside the discipline