The Pre-SLP program is selective acceptance. This means that not all who apply will be accepted as there are limited seats available.
Your application consists of ALL the steps below and ALL materials must be received by the deadline specified. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all materials are received by the Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders and the Office of Admissions prior to the deadline for application. Failure to do so will result in not being considered for admission to the program.
We will begin accepting applications for the Summer 2014 general online Pre-SLP cohort on September 1, 2013. We will begin accepting applicants for the online UFT/New York City Department of Education Pre-SLP cohort on October 1.
ALL application materials must be received by the university no later than February 1, 2014 for the general online Pre-SLP program and for the online UFT/New York City Department of Education Pre-SLP program.
Criteria for Admission
- 3.2 GPA for the last 60 credit hours of college coursework (Only courses with a letter grade will be used. Pass/Fail grades are not included.)
- Completed Bachelor's degree by the time you would begin Pre-SLP courses (courses begin in May).
Steps in Applying for Admission
It is crucial that you follow the step-by-step process detailed below. Doing so will insure your application be correctly filed and then be considered for acceptance to the PreSLP program. We recommend printing this page first so that you can reference it as you complete the applications.
1. Apply online to WKU:
- Go to the application website.
- Create a login account through the blue link.
- Under degree-seeking, Choose Yes.
- Leave the Joint Enrollment question blank.
- Fill in your SS number.
- Click Continue.
- Under Application Term, choose Summer 2014.
- Fill in remaining information.
- Click Fill Out Application.
- Click on each of the red links and completely answer all questions.
- Make sure to list ALL previous last names on the Name link. If you have multiple last names, separate them with a comma.
- Under Planned Course of Study, select Bachelor's degree.
- CRITICAL STEP: Then select Communication Disorders – Seeking Admission (be careful not to select Communications Studies).
- CRITICAL STEP: Then select the appropriate cohort (note there are two options and
you must choose the correct one in order for your department application to be considered
- NY UG Prerequisite Program (for the NY UFT/DOE applicants)
- PRE SLP Program (for all other web applicants)
- DO NOT SELECT Pre SLP for NASDSE.
- Under Location, select Main Campus.
- From there you can fill in your personal information.
2. Follow instructions from WKU to have ALL official transcripts mailed to the Office of Admissions.
Office of Admissions
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11020
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1020
DON'T STOP NOW!
Once the 2 steps above have been completed, you may receive an acceptance letter from WKU. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE ACCEPTED TO THE PRE-SLP PROGRAM! The Pre-SLP program is a selective admission program. You must continue to STEP 3 to complete the department application in order to be considered for acceptance by the department.
3. Complete the Communication Sciences & Disorders Department Application.
Note: Some students have reported that this application is not compatible with Mac computers. Students have also reported issues with Google Chrome, so please use Internet Explorer or Firefox to submit this. This form must be completed and submitted electronically in the ORIGINAL file format. We cannot accept scans. We are no longer accepting mailed applications.
- Click the appropriate link below for the department application you need (Pre-Web for general web students, Pre-UFT for NY UFT students).
- Fill out form. Fields in red are required. You MUST fill out all red boxes (including Middle/Maiden name), or the form will not submit.
- Click Submit Form (top right corner).
- Fill out the Send Form information (Email address and Name).
- Click Send.
- Wait - You will first see a box in the upper right corner saying your form has been queued for submission. You will then get a message saying it was sent. Once you have received that message, you may close the window.
- Choose the appropriate Application below to complete:
- If you have problems submitting the application, you can also email it as an attachment to email@example.com.
4. Applicants will be ranked after the application deadline, and a selection will be made. You will receive notification of your status (accepted or not accepted) within approximately 45 days of that deadline via email. Be sure to include on your application an email address which you will be checking regularly.
5. Once you have been admitted by the department into a cohort, you will receive information regarding registration, your WKU email account, Blackboard training, and enrollment in classes.
April Cochran, contact for general web (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jan Sandidge, Distance Learning Academic Advisor, contact for UFT/New York City Department of Education (email@example.com)