Belgium International Speech Pathology
BELGIUM-International Speech Pathology (CD 496 or SLP 596)
The International Speech Pathology study abroad program in Belgium is a unique experience in which SLP students from WKU study along-side students from other countries. Instruction is composed of an international, interdisciplinary team from various countries. Students and professors from other countries typically represent universities including Belgium, Germany, Italy, Spain, Croatia, Portugal, Austria, and Uganda.
The course typically overlaps with two days of the fall semester; however, students are encouraged to make arrangements with professors teaching fall semester courses.
Typically, the full cost of the course is approximately $2800. If you've ever traveled to Europe, you probably know this is a great price for a two-week trip! More good news...Tuition for this summer course is included and is only $150!
The course is available to both graduate and undergraduate students. It is an interdisciplinary class that includes students from various health & human services disciplines including SLP, physical therapy, nursing, public health and occupational therapy.
Here is what is included in the cost of the course:
- 3 credit hours as an elective (International Speech Pathology). This course can serve as either an undergraduate or graduate level course.
- The cost of breakfast and lunch will be covered from during the time spent in Gent.
- The cost of the course in Belgium at Hogeschool Gent University. You will work along-side students from other countries such as Spain during this interdisciplinary course.
- The cost of your flight
- The cost of all scheduled excursions
- The cost of transportation to scheduled excursions outside Gent
- Ground transportation to and from the airport in Belgium
What's not included in the cost of the course:
- Your personal items and souvenirs
- Ground transportation in Gent
Click any of the images below for more information!