- Date: Saturday, November 2nd, 20192019-11-02 through Sunday, November 3rd, 20192019-11-02
- Time: All Day
- Location: Onedia, TNOnedia, TN
Cost: $45 Studnet | $55 Guest
Depart: Saturday, November 2 @ 7:00 AM
Return: Sunday, November 3 @ 6:00 PM
Drive time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, November 5 @ 8:00 PM
Included: Gear, permits & transportation
The Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area preserve the Cumberland River and its tributaries in northeastern Tennessee and southeastern Kentucky. With more than 150 miles of trails, Big South Fork has wonderful explorations of scenic overlooks and its prominent feature, the river gorge. This region contains one of the highest concentrations of natural bridges in the eastern United States. From the river gorge with its magnificent bluffs to the natural arches and unusual hoodoos come experience this neat nature with ORAC for a memorable, exciting weekend stay under the stars!
Tentative Trip Itinerary
- Meet early morning at Preston Center to pack up the van
- Depart Preston
- Arrive at trailhead
- Begin hiking trail!
- Go to the cool lookout or another point of interest
- Set up camp, eat dinner, and settle in for the night under the stars
- Wake up!
- Pack up camp to begin hiking
- Hike rest of the trail, stop for lunch and see some cool animals
- Hike out to the van and pack up
- Depart for the return to Preston
- Arrive back at Preston in the evening
*All trips are subject to change due to weather, permitting and staffing
Sign up & attend this trip to receive a special discount to College Outside
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
Follow the instructions below
1. Go to https://online.spectrumng.net/wku (it will open a new window!)
2. Click "Do not have login" (you will need to make an account!)
3. Enter your 800# (or 500# if a Preston Only Member) for the Member Number (even if you do not have a current membership!)
4. Choose a username and password for your online account with us.
5. Once you have an account set up, click the Home Icon in the top left (the picture, not the actual home letters)
6. Click on Program Registration in the middle of the page!
7. Select ‘ORAC’
8. Select the trip or skill clinic you want!
9. Add to Cart
10. Continue to Cart
11. This should take you to the Payment Summary Screen. Enter your payment info and hit Submit Payment.
12. BAMM You're registered for a trip
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.