WKU - GFCB - QTAG Application Form
Quick Turn-Around Grants
QTAGs are meant for future, quickly-forthcoming opportunities to conduct research. Our expectations are that there are many direct expenses of conducting research that may be unmet and/or are paid from a professor’s PD fund. We do not have sufficient funding to also pay for conference travel. So if you are engaged in research and need assistance to further its progress, QTAGs are intended to fill gaps between RCAPS for projects that emerge fairly quickly.
Types of eligible expenses include:
- Costs associated with data collection (such as survey postage, printing, etc.),
- Travel, shipping, or other expenses to conduct a research project & (but not conference attendance),
- Purchase of lab supplies to support research (such as software or equipment for the research project of the faculty member),
- Travel to conduct research at another site, such as to other universities,
- And, to support a research assistant.
All applications must have all boxes completed with information requested. These are described in the areas to complete.
Outcomes:We are being asked to report on the outcomes flowing from the QTAG grants in our college. We would like to maximize the impact of QTAG funding in the college as part of an argument to continue the QTAG grants in later years. Therefore, if you submit an article for publication or have one accepted; obtain an external grant; or presented your supported research at a conference, please send documentation to Dr. Michelle Trawick (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If the project involves human subjects, animal subjects, export control issues, rDNA/RGZ
microbe, or bio-hazards, appropriate institutional approval(s) must be obtained before
the project begins and funds are spent. Contact Paul Mooney (email@example.com)
in the Office of Research Integrity for further information or visit http://www.wku.edu/compliance/.
Please note - Interviews are considered to be projects involving human subjects.
Please contact Dr. Michelle Trawick, if you have any questions.