Facebook Pixel Forms and Information | Western Kentucky University

Collection Forms and Information

If a student registered for courses but did not attend Western Kentucky University or stopped attending due to extenuating circumstances, there may be schedule appeal options available that could reduce or eliminate an outstanding tuition balance.  Please note student schedule exception appeal forms require action on the part of the student and must be completed in a timely manner. 

Students may contact the professors to determine if a drop for non-attendance or withdrawal is possible.  If the professor is willing to verify non-attendance or withdrawal, they need to submit a student schedule exception appeal for each course requesting the grade be changed to a D4 (drop for non-attendance) or a W (withdrawal).  This request is copied to the department head and dean and submitted to the Office of the Registrar. Please submit schedule appeal forms directly to the Office of the Registrar; click HERE to access the form online.  Please contact the Office of the Registrar if there are questions about the schedule appeal form process, click HERE for contact information.

(Please note these forms are completed per professor discretion)

A student who leaves the University for extenuating circumstances without an official withdrawal during the term of departure may apply for a retroactive withdrawal.  A student may appeal for a retroactive withdrawal within two calendar years following the end of the term for which withdrawal is requested.

Please visit the Office of the Registrar website HERE for additional information regarding the withdrawal process, click HERE to access the retroactive withdrawal form. 

If you withdrew from a specific course(s) or semester due to an extenuating circumstance, you have the option to file a tuition appeal with the Office of Student Billing.  The appeal is reviewed by a committee and either approved or denied based on the information provided. 

Please contact the Office of Student Billing by phone at (270) 745-6381or by email at billing@wku.edu to obtain the Tuition Appeal for Extenuating Circumstances form. 

If you choose to submit an appeal, review and complete the form, attach your personal letter explaining the extenuating circumstances for which you are appealing your tuition, include supporting documentation and mail to the address listed on the form, fax to (270) 745-6584 or email to the email address listed above.  Please submit all documents at one time.  The submission of a tuition appeal does not guarantee committee approval but makes the appeal eligible for review.  A tuition appeal must be submitted within two calendar years following the end of the term for which the appeal is requested.

If you have a question about a specific departmental charge, please contact that department directly:                                      

Department Phone Email
Housing Office (270) 745-4359 hrl@wku.edu
Meal Plans (ID Center) (270) 745-2417


Parking and Transportation (270) 745-2361   transportation@wku.edu
Bookstore    (270) 745-2466  


 Contact the Office of Student Billing to discuss. 
Please submit the WKU Store Charge Dispute Form if you are disputing a WKU Store Charge. 

Accounts in our collection system, ECSI, are subject to credit bureau reporting. Credit bureau information is submitted the first day of each month. If you notice inaccurate information on your credit bureau report, please file a dispute directly with the credit bureau agency showing the inaccurate information. Accurate information cannot be removed/updated. 

For more information regarding disputes, you can contact one of the credit bureau agencies below:








Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 12/8/23