Facebook Pixel Gender & Women's Studies Prospective Students | Western Kentucky University

Gender & Women's Studies Prospective Students


The GWS Certificate program has been suspended until further notice. WKU is no longer accepting graduate applications for this program.


Why Gender & Women's Studies minor or graduate certificate?

Tuition and Fees

Minor in Gender & Women's Studies

Interested undergraduate students may fill out a change of major/minor/advisor form on TopNet

Online Graduate Certificate in Gender & Women's Studies


Hi, I'm Heather Bailey, the graduate assistant for the Gender & Women's Studies Program at WKU.  I want to help you through the graduate certificate application process.  Let's take a look at the process together.  These step by step instructions should assist you to fill out the forms.  

 How to apply:

  •          From the Graduate Certificate in Gender and Women’s Studies page,
  •          Click the apply now button on the left side.
  •          Next click on graduate admissions (domestic and international).
  •          First time WKU applicants click the application account creation. 
  •          Then log in.
  •          Under the heading “Applications in Progress” in the Admission Term column, select New.
  •          Fill out all sections of the application.
  •          Then click “submit” (please note that an application is not submitted until the non-refundable application fee is paid).

After you submit your application, in order to be considered for the program, you must send:

  •          transcripts from all institutions attended
  •          statement of purpose

If you should run into any problems during this process, you can contact me at GWS (270) 745-6995.  Please, let us know if there is any way we can help.  We look forward to working with you.  Good luck!


Facebook art

Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 7/6/21