Promoting Your Events at WKU
WKU Web Services offers departments and groups across campus the ability to promote their news and events across a variety of campus channels including:
- Various channels on the WKU Social Media network
- WKU News
- The WKU Events Calendar
If you are interested in placing an ad or promoting your event, please refer to the information below.
* NOTE - WKU does not place ads for third-party/external services or events anywhere on the WKU Website or Social Media.
WKU Web Services encourages departments to post their advertisements for events and services on their own social media profiles if possible. Please "tag" #WKU or @WKU in these posts, so we will know to share them on our official social media channels if possible.
We will give highest priority to ads/information that most directly support student recruitment, retention, student services, deadlines or wide-reaching student events.
SOCIAL MEDIA AD PLACEMENT IS NOT GUARANTEED.
Please provide the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Artwork: We encourage you to keep any text to a minimum. You should plan to include the Event Title, Date, Time, Location and Sponsor. If you do not have an ad, our University Publications staff can create one for you for free. Please submit your request online via the Project Request Form. Please note that University Publications requires at least 2-weeks notice to prepare all artwork.
2) Word .doc file that includes any text that is on the face of the artwork. This is used to create an ADA compliant alt tag.
3) Requested run dates: Please provide your artwork at least two weeks before your requested run is to begin.
4) Corresponding website link. We include links to more info on social media ads. Please provide. We recommend using bit.ly or another URL shortening / tracking service so that you may track how much exposure your ad receives.
We encourage departments to post news and events on their own news and calendar modules within the OUCampus CMS, that we may then share to our main news or calendar feeds. All WKU.edu websites have an option for adding a news and/or calendar feed to each departmenal website. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have posted an item to share.
WKU News offers additional ways to help you share information about your news and events. Please visit the WKU News website to learn more.
Learn more about how to place your event on the University Calendar.
Should you have additional questions regarding Web Ads, please contact email@example.com or call 745-4295.