Facebook Pixel Report it | Western Kentucky University

Report it

The Student Conduct

Complaint Process

It is the position of The Office of Student Conduct that among the violations of misconduct considered to be of an especially serious nature are those that represent a threat to the safety and health of members of the University Community. These include but are not limited too, harassment, physical violence or threat of violence, non-consensual sexual contact, rape or any form of sexual violence.


  • To file a student complaint, you are encouraged to write up a description of the incident and send it to student.conduct@wku.edu. Remember, the more details you can provide the better.
  • You are encouraged to contact The Office of Student Conduct to arrange a meeting with the Director to discuss the incident (425 Potter Hall, 270-745-5429).
  • The Office of Student Conduct will investigate all reported student sexual assaults or attempted assaults, harassment and, where appropriate, will hold individuals accountable for their actions according to the procedures outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.
  • The Office of Student Conduct will also investigate and adjudicate complaints which occur off-campus. In addition, Student Conduct may handle complaints that occur at university activities or events, such as study-abroad, semester at sea and any other school-sponsored trips.
  • Once you file an incident report, we are responsible for notifying the student or group of the report, conducting a timely investigation, and determining if there is a potential violation of the Code of Student Conduct.
  • The respondent and the complainant are entitled to the same opportunities to discuss their involvement in the alleged incident with the Office of Student Conduct and thier designee.
  • The Office of Student Conduct and or their designee(s) will address any complaint in a confidential, supportive and timely manner. The Office of Student Conduct will oversee that fairness and due process is met while administering this process for both parties involved. All investigations will be conducted independently of one another.
  • When you file an incident report, you will be asked to provide a statement of what you heard, or experienced. Witnesses may be requested to meet with us to provide witness statements. Remember that the person named has a right to see what you stated.
  • Those cases which determine a violation of the Student Code of Conduct may be heard by the University Disciplinary Committee.
  • The range of administrative actions up to and including suspension or expulsion from the University are possible depending upon the preponderance of the evidence and individual circumstances.
  • Both the complainant and the respondent shall be informed of the outcome of the student conference alleging a sexual assault or harassment.
  • The Office of Student Conduct cannot ensure a complainant's confidentiality and that even if a complaint is withdrawn, the University may continue the investigation based on preponderance of evidence, although the University's ability to investigate and take action may be limited.
  • Student Conduct handles complaints for and against WKU students and student groups, but not faculty or staff. Complaints against WKU faculty or staff members are addressed by The Office of Equal Employment Opportunity-Mr. Josh Hayes.
  • The Title IX Coordinator-or their designee is responsible for overseeing investigations related to complaints of sexual misconduct and harassment and may handle certain aspects of the University’s response to all alleged violations. 

Office:  Wetherby Admnistration Building
Phone:  (270) 745-5398

  • Remember that sexual violence is a crime. Please consider reporting to WKU Police if the assault occurred on-campus or off-campus, or to the local police department or agency if the assault occurred off-campus. You may also discuss those options with us (see formal complaint link). However, there need not be a police report or complaint in order for Student Conduct to proceed with the university process.

Report it!

File a Report-Click above


Who to Contact

Students are encourage to report to the following for confidential counseling with a professional counselor or university official. Here are some phone numbers to keep available:

If you are in danger, please use a safer computer, or call 911, your local hotline, or the U.S. National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224. See more technology safety tips Here There is always a computer trail, but you can leave this site quickly.

Safe Space

Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 1/25/22