School of Teacher Education
Why Should You Join ASCD?
- Professional Development: WKU ASCD allows members various opportunities to present and develop professionally.
- Networking: ASCD members have innumerable opportunities to network with teachers and administrators. Additionally, ASCD members work together; one day members could be coworkers.
- Building your Resume: ASCD offers leadership opportunities, presentation opportunities, and countless ways for members to build their resume to ensure success.
What members have to say...
- "I joined ASCD because I want to completely engross myself in the education field. I want to learn as much as I can in order to become the teacher I both hope and know I can become. The fact that it helps in making my résumé look professional is just a perk."—Daniella Cook
- "I wanted to find an organization to prepare myself for my future as a teacher." –Ellie Garrett
- "I joined ASCD because I wanted to grow stronger in my teaching. ASCD has given me professional development opportunities that students aren't normally offered. It has also provided me with chances to grow in my leadership. I now feel more prepared than ever to enter the teaching profession." –Kelli Ralston
- "I joined ASCD looking for something on campus to become more involved. I had no idea the opportunities that ASCD would bring to me. Joining ASCD was one of the best decisions I made at WKU." –Rachel Glass