Tuition rates are based on:
- Student Classification (undergraduate or graduate)
- Enrollment Status (full-time or part-time)
- Delivery Mode (Web, On Demand, Face-to-Face).
We know that it can be difficult to understand the different tuition rates and how they apply to you. The information on this page is designed to provide clarification on tuition, as it applies to online courses (online courses are identified in the schedule of classes as "web" and "on demand"). The WKU Bursar Office provides additional information regarding tuition and fees, and should be considered the official source.
Here are a few things to keep in mind about On Demand courses, specifically:
- Courses are billed per credit-hour at the in-state tuition rate for all students, regardless of location (see note) *
- Billing for Competency Based Education programs is based on the number of modules in which the student enrolls. Students may enroll in as little as one at a time, if they wish to break courses up into payments.
- The full-time on-campus tuition rate does not include WKU On Demand courses. For more information, click here.
- Students who qualify for financial aid may use it to pay for On Demand courses.
- WKU On Demand will also accept checks, money orders, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
* Note: The cost for the On Demand MBA Foundations course is $3,000.
Please contact On Demand if you have a scholarship, tuition waiver, or third-party billing that could possibly cover tuition.
Students enrolling exclusively in web courses (semester-based web or on demand) are charged the per credit hour rate listed below regardless of location.
|2018-2019 Academic Year - Online (Web) Rate|
|Undergraduate Students||$530 per Credit Hour|
|Graduate Students||$707 per Credit Hour|
|2018-2019 Academic Year - On Demand Rate|
|Undergraduate Students||$442 per Credit Hour|
|Graduate Students||$607 per Credit Hour|
Full-Time Undergraduate Students
- Fully Online Students: If you are enrolled exclusively in online courses (i.e. semester based web courses, On Demand courses or a combination of the two), you will be charged the applicable per credit hour rate for each course (applicable rates are noted above). There is no full-time online rate. No out-of-state tuition is ever charged.
- Semester-based web + face-to-face: Full-time undergraduate students who enroll in a combination of face-to-face classes + web will be charged the applicable in-state or out-of-state tuition rate + an additional per credit hour fee for the web class (the fee for 2018-2019 is $150 per credit hour).
- On Demand + face-to-face: Full-time undergraduate students who enroll in a combination of face-to-face classes + on demand are charged per credit hour, based on class type (face-to-face or on demand) for all hours taken up to 12 credit hours. Those enrolling in at least 12 hours of face-to-face classes + on demand class(es) are charged the applicablein-state or out-of-state tuition rate full-time tuition rate for face-to-face classes + the per credit hour rate for the additional on demand class(es).
Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Part-time undergraduate students enrolling in a combination of delivery modes (Face-to-Face, Web, On Demand) are charged the per credit hour rate for each course, based on course type.
- On Demand Courses: The per credit hour rate for in-state undergrad students is always charged, regardless of where you live.
- Web Courses: The per credit hour web course rate is always charged, regardless of where you live.
- Face-to-Face Courses: The applicable in-state/out-of-state per credit hour rate is charged.