Donate to WKU Archives
Coronavirus Diaries Sought
While everyone is engaging in social distancing, please consider creating a coronavirus diary for deposit in WKU Archives.
We are looking to document the experiences of our faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Here are some questions to contemplate:
- What did you do today?
- What would you have done pre-Covid19 - brief summary
- Have you contracted Covid10? - followup questions if yes:
- How long did you have it?
- Did you infect anyone else?
- What happened during your illness?
- Do you know anyone who has contracted Covid19? - see above for followup questions
- When did you first notice the discussion of Covid19?
- How serious did you take it at first?
- How has your perception changed since then? Or has it?
- What emotions have you experienced during this time?
- Can you give a timeline of events impacting yourselfe and/or your family/friends?
- What did you miss most due to social distancing / self-quarantine?
- Did you face any hardships during self-quarantine? Please describe
- Do you feel that WKU / government / society response(s) have been appropriate?
- Did you volunteer to help people?
- Who did you help?
- When did you help?
- What kind of help did you provide?
- What was that experience like?
- What impace did social media have on your experience
Diaries can be submitted in paper form to:
WKU Archives, 1906 College Heights Blvd. #11092, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1092
or electronically to:
WKU Archives is a valuable resource for anyone interested in Western Kentucky University and its history. The staff greatly appreciates the interest and support of those that visit our facility, use our resources and services, and contribute to the archives growth and development by making monetary gifts and materials donations. Gifts and donations add an important dimension to the ability to process and describe the collection and make more material available to researchers through digitization.
Monetary gifts fund the restoration, preservation and conservation of documents, films, audiotapes, videotapes and photographs. A fund has been created to support the work of the WKU Archives. If you are interested in supporting this work, please send your donations to:
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd., #11092
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Make checks payable to the WKU Archives and write "donation" on the memo line.
$25 will buy 3 archival boxes or 50 photo sleeves
$50 will buy 1 oversize acid free folder, 6 archival boxes, 100 acid free folders or 100 mylar photo sleeves
$100 will buy 3 oversize acid free folders, 15 archival boxes, 200 acid free folders or 200 mylar photo sleeves
$250 will buy digitization of 1 reel of film, 8 oversize acid free folders, 40 archival boxes, 500 acid free folders or 500 mylar photo sleeves
$500 will buy digitization of 2 reels of film, 18 oversize acid free folders, 83 archival boxes, 1000 mylar photo sleeves or 1250 acid free folders
$1000 will buy digitization of 5 reels of film, 40 oversize acid free folders, 166 archival boxes, 2500 mylar photo sleeves or 2500 acid free folders
Ask about naming opportunities.
Donations of materials are also accepted. These include Western Kentucky University related memorabilia, photographs, postcards, films, student organization records and alumni organization records. We also collect records pertaining to WKU's founding and allied institutions: Bowling Green Business University, Glasgow Normal School, Ogden College, Potter College for Young Ladies and the Southern Normal School. Donors should know that WKU Archives:
- does not accept photocopies or digital surrogates; photocopies or digital surrogates may be made for donor upon request;
- reserves the right to choose which items are added to the collection. Materials that are not chosen will be returned to the donor.
- May not make a monetary appraisal of a gift for the use of the donor. If an appraisal is needed, the donor should have one done before the materials are donated. The Archivist will provide the donor with a letter of acknowledgement.
- Can provide limited pickup for large donations when given sufficient advance notice.
WKU Archives Wishlist
We are always on the lookout for to fill gaps in the records we hold. Please let us know if you have any of the following items:
Club Records / Manuscripts / Personal Paper - We are interested in documenting the student experience at WKU.
- Afro-American History Club any extant records and/or photographs
- English Club Minute Book(s) 1935-1940; 1945-1946; 1969+ if extant
- BGBU - 1917-1918; 1920-1923; 1929-1931; 1937; 1944; 1946-1963
- Glasgow Normal - 1875, 1878-1879, 1882-1883, 1885-1890
- Ogden College
- Potter College for Young Ladies
- Southern Normal School
- WKU 1920
Photographs - We need your help in identifying people, events and places in photographs. Check out the collection online, search using the term: unidentified. Use the feedback box to send us information about the photographs.
- AdViews published by WKU Journalism & Broadcasting. We have 1994 Feb/Mar, Summer & Fall; 1995 Winter; 1996 Spring, Fall & Winter; 1997 Spring
- American Business Journal published by Bowling Green Business University. WKU Archives holds a single issue, Vol. 51, No. July 1924.
- BGBU College of Commerce Catalogs published annually by Bowling Green Business University. We need years 1924-1925; 1935-1936, 1938-39, 1944-1945 and 1951.
- BGBU Course Catalogs published annually by Bowling Green Business University. We need years prior to 1910, 1911-1914, 1916, 1918-1919, 1921, 1923-1924, 1926, 1928, 1930, 1932-1934, 1936-37, 1938-39, 1940-41-1943-44, 1946-1963
- Big Red Line published monthly by the Hilltopper 100 Club. We need the following issues if extant: Vol. 1, No. 2 & No. 10; Vol. 3, No. 1-2 & 7+; Vol. 4, Nos. 8+; Vol. 5, Nos. 1-3 & 6+; Vol. 6, Nos. 4+; Vol. 8, Nos. 7+; Vol. 9, Nos. 8+; Vol. 10, Nos. 7+; Vol. 11, Nos. 3+; Vol. 12, Nos. 1-2 & Nos. 4+; Vol. 13 all issues; Vol. 14, Nos. 1-6 & Nos. 8+; Vol. 15, No. 1 & Nos. 3+.
- BUWKY published by students of Bowling Green Business University. We need 1936 issues April, Sept., Oct., & Dec.; 1937 all issues if extant; 1938 issues Jan., March-August; 1939 issues July-August & Oct.-Dec. 1940 issues Jan.-Aug.; 1941 issues Jan.-May; July-Sep. & Nov.-Dec.; 1942 issues March, July-August & Oct.; 1943 issues after March.
- Cherry Hall Bulletin published by WKU English Department, Vol. 2+ if extant
- College Heights Herald published by WKU Student Affairs. We need Vol. 1, Nos. 2, 9, 11 & 18; Vol. 2, Nos. 7-8; Vol. 3, No. 4; Vol. IX, No. 1; Vol. 70, Nos. 6, 36 & 44
- The Contact Sheet published by Student Publications Alumni Association. We need Vols. 1-3; Vol. 4, No. 1; Nos. 3+; Vol. 5; Vol. 6, Nos. 2+; Vol. 7, Nos. 1-3; Vols. 8-14, Vol. 17+ if extant
- Course Schedules published by WKU Community College/Bowling Green Community College. We need Spring 1964, Spring 1966, Fall 1969-1974, 1976-1986, Summer 1990, Summer 1991, Spring & Summer 1992, Spring & Summer 1993, Summer 1994, Spring & Summer 1995, Spring & Summer 1996, all issues 1997, Summer 1999, all issues 2000, Summer & Fall 2001, 2002-2003, Summer 2004 - present.
- DepARTment Update published by the WKU Art Department. We need No. 5+ if extant
- The Educator published by College Heights Foundation. We need Sept. 1978, Jan. 1979 and any issues published after March 1979.
- English Department Newsletter, Issues 2+ if extant
- Faculty Senate Newsletter Vol. 13, Nos. 3-4; Vol. 14, No. 3, Vol. 17, No. 4+, Vol. 18, No. 3, Vol. 19, No. 2+, Vol. 21, No. 3+, newsletters published after 1998
- Folklife Studies Newsletter published by WKU Folklife Studies Society. We need Vol. 1, Nos. 1-3; Vol. 2, No. 6; Vol. 3, Nos. 5-6; Vol. 4, Nos. 5-6, Vol. 5, Nos. 3+, Vol. 6, No. 2+ if extant
- Football Programs 1913-1921; 1922 all except Nov. 24; 1923-1926; 1927 all except Nov. 5; 1928; 1929 all except Oct. 5 and Nov. 2; 1930; 1931 all except Oct. 3, Oct. 17, Oct. 24 and Nov. 14; 1932 all except Oct. 1, Nov. 12, Nov. 19.
- Football Schedules 1913-1926; 1932
- The Forum published by Potter College. We need Vol. 2, No. 1; Spring 1978+ if extant
- The Fourth Estate published by Sigma Delta Chi. We need Vol. 7, No. 1; Vol. 8, No. 2; Vol. 9, No. 2 and Vol. 10, No. 2.
- Gaceta Cultural de WKU published by WKU Modern Languages. we need Vol. 1, Nos. 2+ if extant
- Good Ol' BU published by WKU Alumni Association. We need Vol. 2, No. 2; Vol. 3, Nos. 1-3, any additional issues printed.
- Graduate Studies & Research, Awards Ceremony Programs, before 1993 if extant; 1993-94, 1997-98 to 2001-02; 2005-06+
- Hilltopics Handbook for Residence Life, 1989-1993; 1998; 2001-present if extant
- Hill Topics Men's Residence Hall Handbook 1974-1976 if extant.
- Hill Topics Women's Residence Hall Handbook 1974-1976 if extant.
- The Hilltopper Journalist published by WKU Journalism & Broadcasting. We have Summer 1997 and Oct. 2003
- History Alumni Newsletter published by WKU History. We need Spring 1997, 1999-2000, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2013+ if extant
- History Newsletter published by WKU History. We need issues before 1974 and after 1984 if extant.
- Honors Convocation Program, 1970, 1986+
- InSync published by the WKU Student Chapter of NPPA. We have 3 issues Fall 89, Spring 90 and Summer 93.
- Limited Edition published by WKU Journalism & Broadcasting. Vol. 1-3, Summer 1994, 1997-2001, 2003+ if extant
- The Link published by WKU Journalism & Broadcasting. Vol. 1, Nos. 1-4, 6, 8, 12, 14-15; Vol. 2, Nos. 7 & 12; Vol. 4, Nos. 9+ if extant, Vol. 5, Nos. 2, 10, 12-13, Vol. 7, Nos. 6+ if extant; Vol. 8, Nos. 4-5, 7+ if extant; Vol. 9, Nos. 1-2, 5+ if extant; Vol. 10, Nos. 4+ if extant
- Men's Residence Halls 1960-1967, 1968-1970, if extant.
- Newsletter published by WKU Sociology. We need Vol 2+ if extant
- Philosophy & Religion News published by WKU Philosophy & Religion. We need Vols. 1-5, Vol. 6, No. 1, Vol. 7+ if extant
- The Phoenix published by the WKU English Department, Vol. 2+ if extant
- Plainsong published by WKU English faculty, Vol. VII, No. 2+, Vol. VIII, No. 2+
- Politicking published by the WKU Government / Political Science Department. We have Vol. 1, No. 1, Oct. 1989, any additional issues printed.
- Portfolio published by the WKU Art Department. We need Vol. 1, Nos. 1-2; Vol. 1, No. 4 if extant, Vols. 2+ if extant
- Potter College of Arts & Letters Student Award Programs, 1998-2006 if extant, 2008, 2013+
- PR Perspectives published by the WKU Student Chapter of PRSSA. We have Spring 85, Spr/Sum 86, Fall/Win 86, Spr/Sum 88, Winter 90, Fall 91 through Spring 94 and Sept. 96
- Red Towel published by the Hilltopper Athletic Foundation. We need Vol. 3, Nos. 2+; Vol. 4, No. 1
- Residence Hall Regulations 1906-1956, 1958-1960, if extant.
- ROA's Communique published by the Rho Omega Alpha fraternity. We need Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3, No. 2+
- ROTC Award Programs 1914-1957, 1959-1968
- ROTC Commissioning Ceremony Programs 1914-1950, 1952-1968, 5/1969, 12/1969, 5/1971, 8/1971, 8/1972, 5/1973, 8/1973, 8/1974, 8/1975, 12/1975, 8/1976, 8/1977, 12/1980
- Shop Talk published by WKU Journalism & Broadcasting. We have 1972, 1983, 1986, 1987
- Slices of Eta Pi published by WKU Phi Alpha Theta Chapter. We have Vol. 1, Nos. 1, 3 & 6.
- Student Awards Ceremony Programs 1998+
- The Spirit of Leadership published by Alumni Association. We need Vols. 1 and 2, Vol. 4, Nos. 3+; Vol. 5, Nos. 1-2; Vol. 6, Nos. 1-4.
- T 'n' T published by students of Bowling Green Business University. We need 1949 issues June-Sept., 1950 issues March, May-November and 1951 issues Jan.-April and any issues published after May 1951 if extant.
- Teaching Spirit published by FaCET. We need Volumes 1-21, Vol. 22, Nos. 1-3, 5+, Vol. 23 Nos. 1-3, 7+, Vol. 24+ if extant.
- Tips for Toppers Women's Residence Hall Handbook, 1961-1967 if extant
- The Topper published by WKU Veterans Upward Bound. We need Vol. 1 all issues; Vol. 4, Nos. 2-4; Vols. 5-7; Vol. 8 Nos. 1-2 & 4; Vol. 9, Nos. 1-2 & 4; Vol. 10, No. 4; Vol. 11, No. 4; Vol. 12, No. 4; Vol. 13, No. 4 and any issues published thereafter.
- Western Minstrel published by WKU Music. We need 1988, 1990-1995, 1997-2002, 2005, 2011+ if extant.
- WKU Student Handbook published by the Office of Student Life, 2002-03; 2004-present if extant.
Film Restoration Project
WKU Archives houses many films, videotapes and audiotapes which are in need of preservation and transfer to newer formats. Transferring films runs approximately $200 per reel. Once films have been converted to DVD they can be reproduced for patrons at the cost of copying. Contact the WKU Archivist if you would like to make a contribution to the University Archives Fund for this project. Check out searching for videos.
Caveat emptor! - due to the age and condition of films, videotapes and audiotapes, we cannot guarantee a successful transfer. Some tapes and films may disintegrate when put into reader/players.
- Athletic Director Multimedia
- Athletic Media Relations Film
- Basketball Multimedia
- Football Multimedia
- University Relations Multimedia
- University Wide Events Multimedia
- Women's Basketball Multimedia
For more information about donating materials to WKU Archives, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.