Add Your Voice to the WKU Covid-19 Archives
- *Bibliographic Instruction - schedule an evening class
- *Evening Hours - schedule an evening class
- Faculty List
- Hands-on Learning
- On-demand Instruction
- Records Management
- Research Strategies
- Weekend Hours - schedule a weekend class
- Western Kentucky University by Lowell Harrison
- Site Index
- Spirits of Prohibition
- Bowling Green
- Cherry Statue Time Capsule
- Finding Our Way: Maps & Mapmaking
- Gemini Jazz Bands
- Get on the Bus: 40 Years of Political Activism
- Haunting Beauty
- Historic Schools of Warren County, Kentucky
- Parking: Past & Present at WKU
- Playing Our Song: Southern Kentucky Notes
- P.S. I Love You: Hilltoppers Quartet
- Roads, Rails & Rivers
- Seven Continents
- Something Called Horsepower
- Spirits of Prohibition
- Training School / College High
- WKU Centennial
- WKU Founders Day
- WKU Royalty
Hours: Monday - Friday 9 - 4*
Building Closed until further notice - Email & Telephone Reference Available
Make an appointment for a limited research visit.
November 3 - Election Day
Novetmber 23 - 27 Thanksgiving
WKU Archives serves the university's historical, administrative, legal and records management needs by overseeing permanent records created by and about Western Kentucky University. WKU Archives also functions as the collective memory of the institution by preserving materials produced by faculty, staff, students and alumni. Holdings include but are not limited to administrative records, newspapers, minutes, departmental files, university publications, photographs, memorabilia and audiovisual materials.
WKU Archives is open to all researchers interested in the history of WKU, its founding institutions, employees and students. For full access to materials visit us in the Harrison-Baird Reading Room located on the second floor of the Kentucky Building. Researchers are invited to request information via mail, email and telephone. In order to provide the best care for our collections our stacks are secure and items non-circulating. Please assist us by following the reading room policies . Click here to submit a reference request via e-mail or write to us. Click here to make an appointment to visit the WKU Archives.
We are happy to assist you during your visit and all researchers are encouraged to consult with the archivist prior to their visit in order to maximize research time.
Read our Out of the Box newsletter.
Answer our Alumni Survey.