Your financial habits today will directly affect your financial situation as an adult. Gain the skills you need now to have a secure financial future!
Learn from the experts at this exciting, hands-on, and engaging 4-day residential camp hosted by the WKU Department of Finance and WKU’s Center for Financial Success.
Throughout the camp, you will gain the necessary knowledge you need to successfully
manage your money, regardless of career and major choice. You will learn key financial
tips to help you succeed in college and beyond.
Camp is Full! To join the waitlist fill out the "Contact Us" form on the drop down panel to the right.
|Early Bird Tuition Price (Until April 18th Extended through April 30th)||$349|
|Regular Tuition Price (After April 18th After April 30th)||$449|
*Need-based partial tuition scholarships are available to apply for that will further reduce the tuition cost. More information about the need-based scholarships can be found in the drop down menu to the right.
Dates: June 25-29, 2023 (Sunday – Thursday)
- Students will compete in a team-based, financial planning case study. This case study is designed to immerse students in the various aspects of personal finance.
- Students will leave camp having learned basic personal finance principles needed for success in college and the marketplace.
- Students will gain a better understanding of the personal financial planning career field.
- This is an overnight program that will include planned evening social activities.
- Camp tuition includes all meals, dorm housing, activities, and camp t-shirt.
- Students that will be High School Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in the Fall of 2023 are eligible to sign up for camp.
- Attending camp will be a great addition to resumes for college admission and scholarship applications.
The WKU Personal Finance Summer Camp is made possible by our generous sponsor Abound Credit Union.
(Click image to expand)
The Personal Financial Advisor career provides exceptional work-life balance, and is listed as #6 in U.S. News’ 2020 Best Business Jobs. A Bachelor’s Degree, with course work leading to Certified Financial Planner™ exam, is typically required. The number of jobs in the United States exceeds 270,000 as of 2018, and the projected growth rate through 2028 is 7%, which is faster than the average for all occupations, per the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Need-Based Scholarship Application:
This scholarship is designed for students who have demonstrated financial need. Additionally, while not a requirement to apply for the scholarship, students that would be considered *first generation college students and/or come from an underrepresented group are encouraged to apply.
Please complete the "Contact Us" form below to request a scholarship application.
*First generation college student means it is your intent to attend college and your parents/guardians do not hold a 4-year bachelor degree.