Office of Professional Educator Services
Visiting Student Teacher Requesting University Requirements
The requesting university shall:
- Complete the WKU Visiting Student Teacher Application
- Acknowledge that the applicant is a student in good standing with the university and eligible to student teach.
- Provide the Student Teaching Major / Subject
- List the required student teaching time frame / a split placement or one assignment
- Provide their Student Teaching Guidelines and Evaluation Forms to the WKU Student Teaching Office, the WKU University Supervisor, the assigned Cooperating Teacher(s), and the student. The requesting university may opt to accept WKU’s Evaluation Forms.
- Propose Cooperating Teacher and University Supervisor Compensation (Stipends will be negotiated)
The state of KY requires all student teachers to have a current medical/tb form (less than 1 yr old during the student teaching time frame) on file with the WKU Student Teaching Office and a Federal Criminal Background Report completed and on file with the hosting school district.
The Office of Professional Educator Services is looking forward to working with you.