Conference Services Guidelines
Conference Room Space Availability
Conference Services reserves space based on client preference and availability. Conference Services reserves the right to move groups based on changes in contract, size of group, and availability of rooms.
Facilities are available for conferences, corporate trainings, receptions, WKU sponsored events, corporate functions, weddings, receptions, reunions and other corporate or social events. All events must be approved by Conference Services management.
Student groups using conference facilities on campus are not permitted to order bar service with alcoholic beverages. Student organizations must be in good standing with WKU Student Activities and are required to utilize WKU Police Security which is contracted through Conference Services. For social events, student groups need to place a minimum food order of at least 25% of the conference services contract.
Group cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee or loss of deposit. The fee is equivalent to the room rental or deposit or 25% of the room rental dependent upon contract agreement.
It is essential to have an accurate guest count to ensure a successful event. We require a guest count estimate when the space is reserved. We require a final guaranteed attendance number at least three (3) business days prior to the event for set-up purposes. Last-minute changes will be added to the final bill which may include labor service fees for changes made less than 72 hours prior to the start of the event. A signed confirmation must be returned by email (email@example.com), fax, (270-745-1911), by mail or in person (2355 Nashville Rd, Bowling Green, KY 42101) at least three (3) business days before the event.
- All WKU Conference centers and campus venues strictly prohibit carrying or using weapons on the premises.
- The Knicely Conference Center and Augenstein Alumni Center are tobacco–free facilities. A smoking area is provided outside each location.
- WKU Catering has the exclusive food and beverage contract with WKU; therefore, all food & beverage needs (including alcohol) must be provided by WKU Catering.
- Conference Services strictly prohibits groups or individuals entering the facilities with alcoholic beverages. Violation of this policy can result in the refusal of services.
- Do not tape anything to the walls, ceiling, or floor without Conference Services staff permission.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,