For standard bookings and events, all invoicing will be submitted immediately following the event. Our invoices are submitted and paid through the WKU Cashier’s office.
For special events, (wedding receptions, birthday parties, reunions, student social events etc) we do not charge a deposit to reserve a room. However, to book a room requires that the confirmation be signed and returned to Conference Services AND the full balance of the invoice must be paid no less than 5 business days before the event. If the invoice is not paid 5 day prior it may result in cancellation by WKU Conference Services. Invoicing will be handled by the WKU Cashier’s Office.
Any organization who has an outstanding balance cannot book another event until the outstanding balance is paid in full. Additionally, WKU Conference Services may require payment in full 5 days prior to the next event.
All Non-WKU Departments are subject to a 15% Administration Fees and 6% Sales Tax
Student organizations using conference facilities on campus must be in good standing with WKU Student Activities. This includes but it is not limited to chapter meetings, formal recruitment and activities.
For social events such as student hosted Alumni Events, Formals, and Home coming dances. Student organizations are not permitted to order bar service with alcoholic beverages. Student organizations are required to utilize WKU Police Security which is contracted through Conference Services. For all social events any event student organizations must place a minimum food order of at least 25% of the conference services contract.
Group cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee. The fee is equivalent to the room rental agreed upon by WKU Conference Services and the booking group.
Due to emergency circumstances (act of nature, facility/infrastructure problems, etc.) it may be necessary to move an event from one room to another or to another building. In extreme circumstances it may require the cancellation of the event. If an event is cancelled by the venue, the client is entitled to a full refund.
It is essential to have an accurate guest count to ensure a successful event. We require a guest count estimate when the space is reserved. We require a final guaranteed attendance number at least three (3) business days prior to the event for set-up purposes.
Last-minute changes may be added to the final bill which may include labor service fees for excessive changes in set-up, add-ons such as additional AV Services/Equipment requested, table covers, table skirts, pipe & drape, vendor booths, additional staging and change in size of a dance floor. A signed confirmation must be returned by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), by mail or in person (2355 Nashville Rd, Bowling Green, KY 42101) at least three (3) business days before the event.
- All WKU Conference centers and campus venues strictly prohibit carrying or using weapons on the premises.
- WKU Catering has the exclusive food and beverage contract with WKU; therefore, all food & beverage needs (including alcohol) must be provided by WKU Catering.
- Conference Services strictly prohibits groups or individuals entering the facilities with alcoholic beverages. Violation of this policy can result in the refusal of services, up to immediate cancellation of the event
- Do not tape or affix anything to the walls, ceiling, or floor without Conference Services staff permission.
- All special events who provide a DJ Services, Live Band or planned dancing must purchase a dance floor to help us to preserve the carpet and maintain the quality standards as associated with utilizing our conference services.
- All organizations who host event through WKU Conference are expected to treat the building with respect. Any incurred damages, or extensive cleaning costs will be passed along to the organization.
- WKU is a tobacco-free campus, therefore smoking/vaping is not allowed on the premises of the Knicely Conference Center and Augenstein Alumni Center. Please refer to the WKU Tobacco-free campus website for complete details - WKU - Smoke & Tobacco Free.