Conference Center Responsibilities:
- Clean and sanitize buildings daily; sanitize high-touch areas and surfaces multiple times throughout the day/event
- Clean and sanitize furniture and equipment before and after each event
- Manage bookings to comply with total building occupancy guidance and ensure safe traffic flow in buildings
- Assign and set up rooms to ensure physical distancing requirements are met
- Ensure staff are wearing masks and adhering to health safety guidelines
- To the greatest extent possible, work with groups to stagger start times and break times to limit crowding or lines in lobby and restrooms
Client/Event Organizer Responsibilities:
- Agree to adhere to and enforce all posted health and safety guidelines
- Comply with the attendance limit for your event
- Communicate in advance to all attendees/guests the following requirements
- Masks are required to be worn when in public area i.e. Lobbies, Restrooms, Hallways and general public spaces when 6’ social distance cannot be maintained
- 6’ physical distance must be maintained at all times
- Monitor and ensure physical social distancing among your attendees/guests. If a guest does not have a mask to utilize, you must provide one or the guest must not be allowed to attend
- Manage your guest arrival and, if applicable, check-in process to eliminate a line or crowding in the lobby area or outside your meeting room
- Agree to provide a roster of event attendees for contact tracings if necessary. This can be done in advance of the event or be accomplished by a sign-in sheet.
- Notify WKU Conference Services staff member should a guest become sick or is diagnosed positive for COVID-19
Event Attendee/Guest Responsibilities:
- Do not attend in person if experiencing symptoms or have potentially been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- Wear a mask while in public areas where it is difficult to social distance i.e. Lobbies, Restrooms and Hallways
- Maintain situational awareness and take personal responsibility to remain 6’ distant from others
- Avoid gathering in groups when in public areas
- Comply with all posted health and safety guidelines, including frequent hand washing and/or use of provided hand sanitizer
For standard bookings and events, all invoicing will be submitted immediately following the event. Our invoices are submitted and paid through the WKU Cashier’s office.
For special events, (wedding receptions, birthday parties, reunions, student social events etc) we do not charge a deposit to reserve a room. However, to book a room requires that the confirmation be signed and returned to Conference Services AND the full balance of the invoice must be paid no less than 5 business days before the event. If the invoice is not paid 5 day prior it may result in cancellation by WKU Conference Services. Invoicing will be handled by the WKU Cashier’s Office.
Any organization who has an outstanding balance cannot book another event until the outstanding balance is paid in full. Additionally, WKU Conference Services may require payment in full 5 days prior to the next event.
All Non-WKU Departments are subject to a 15% Administration Fees and 6% Sales Tax
Student organizations using conference facilities on campus must be in good standing with WKU Student Activities. This includes but it is not limited to chapter meetings, formal recruitment and activities.
For social events such as student hosted Alumni Events, Formals, and Home coming dances. Student organizations are not permitted to order bar service with alcoholic beverages. Student organizations are required to utilize WKU Police Security which is contracted through Conference Services. For all social events any event student organizations must place a minimum food order of at least 25% of the conference services contract.
Group cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee. The fee is equivalent to the room rental agreed upon by WKU Conference Services and the booking group.
Due to emergency circumstances (act of nature, facility/infrastructure problems, etc.) it may be necessary to move an event from one room to another or to another building. In extreme circumstances it may require the cancellation of the event. If an event is cancelled by the venue, the client is entitled to a full refund.
It is essential to have an accurate guest count to ensure a successful event. We require a guest count estimate when the space is reserved. We require a final guaranteed attendance number at least three (3) business days prior to the event for set-up purposes.
Last-minute changes may be added to the final bill which may include labor service fees for excessive changes in set-up, add-ons such as additional AV Services/Equipment requested, table covers, table skirts, pipe & drape, vendor booths, additional staging and change in size of a dance floor. A signed confirmation must be returned by email (email@example.com), by mail or in person (2355 Nashville Rd, Bowling Green, KY 42101) at least three (3) business days before the event.
- All WKU Conference centers and campus venues strictly prohibit carrying or using weapons on the premises.
- WKU Catering has the exclusive food and beverage contract with WKU; therefore, all food & beverage needs (including alcohol) must be provided by WKU Catering.
- Conference Services strictly prohibits groups or individuals entering the facilities with alcoholic beverages. Violation of this policy can result in the refusal of services, up to immediate cancellation of the event
- Do not tape or affix anything to the walls, ceiling, or floor without Conference Services staff permission.
- All special events who provide a DJ Services, Live Band or planned dancing must purchase a dance floor to help us to preserve the carpet and maintain the quality standards as associated with utilizing our conference services.
- All organizations who host event through WKU Conference are expected to treat the building with respect. Any incurred damages, or extensive cleaning costs will be passed along to the organization.
- WKU is a tobacco-free campus, therefore smoking/vaping is not allowed on the premises of the Knicely Conference Center and Augenstein Alumni Center. Please refer to the WKU Tobacco-free campus website for complete details - WKU - Smoke & Tobacco Free.