Conference Center Responsibilities:
- Clean and sanitize buildings daily; sanitize high-touch areas and surfaces multiple times throughout the day/event
- Clean and sanitize furniture and equipment before and after each event
- Manage bookings to comply with total building occupancy guidance and ensure safe traffic flow in buildings
- Assign and set up rooms to ensure physical distancing requirements are met
- Ensure staff are wearing masks and adhering to health safety guidelines
- To the greatest extent possible, work with groups to stagger start times and break times to limit crowding or lines in lobby and restrooms
Client/Event Organizer Responsibilities:
- Agree to adhere to and enforce all posted health and safety guidelines
- Comply with the attendance limit for your event
- Communicate in advance to all attendees/guests the following requirements
- Masks are required to be worn when in public area i.e. Lobbies, Restrooms, Hallways and general public spaces when 6’ social distance cannot be maintained
- 6’ physical distance must be maintained at all times
- Monitor and ensure physical social distancing among your attendees/guests. If a guest does not have a mask to utilize, you must provide one or the guest must not be allowed to attend
- Manage your guest arrival and, if applicable, check-in process to eliminate a line or crowding in the lobby area or outside your meeting room
- Agree to provide a roster of event attendees for contact tracings if necessary. This can be done in advance of the event or be accomplished by a sign-in sheet.
- Notify WKU Conference Services staff member should a guest become sick or is diagnosed positive for COVID-19
Event Attendee/Guest Responsibilities:
- Do not attend in person if experiencing symptoms or have potentially been exposed to someone with COVID-19
- Wear a mask while in public areas where it is difficult to social distance i.e. Lobbies, Restrooms and Hallways
- Maintain situational awareness and take personal responsibility to remain 6’ distant from others
- Avoid gathering in groups when in public areas
- Comply with all posted health and safety guidelines, including frequent hand washing and/or use of provided hand sanitizer
Conference Services reserves space based on client preference and availability. Conference Services reserves the right to move groups based on changes in contract, size of group, and availability of rooms.
Facilities are available for conferences, corporate trainings, receptions, WKU sponsored events, corporate functions, weddings, receptions, reunions and other corporate or social events. All events must be approved by Conference Services management.
Student groups using conference facilities on campus are not permitted to order bar service with alcoholic beverages. Student organizations must be in good standing with WKU Student Activities and are required to utilize WKU Police Security which is contracted through Conference Services. For social events, student groups need to place a minimum food order of at least 25% of the conference services contract.
Group cancellations are subject to a cancellation fee or loss of deposit. The fee is equivalent to the room rental or deposit or 25% of the room rental dependent upon contract agreement
It is essential to have an accurate guest count to ensure a successful event. We require a guest count estimate when the space is reserved. We require a final guaranteed attendance number at least three (3) business days prior to the event for set-up purposes. Last-minute changes will be added to the final bill which may include labor service fees for changes made less than 72 hours prior to the start of the event. A signed confirmation must be returned by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax, (270-745-1911), by mail or in person (2355 Nashville Rd, Bowling Green, KY 42101) at least three (3) business days before the event.
- All WKU Conference centers and campus venues strictly prohibit carrying or using weapons on the premises.
- The Knicely Conference Center and Augenstein Alumni Center are tobacco–free facilities. A smoking area is provided outside each location.
- WKU Catering has the exclusive food and beverage contract with WKU; therefore, all food & beverage needs (including alcohol) must be provided by WKU Catering.
- Conference Services strictly prohibits groups or individuals entering the facilities with alcoholic beverages. Violation of this policy can result in the refusal of services.
- Do not tape anything to the walls, ceiling, or floor without Conference Services staff permission.