Chinese Language Immersion House
The Chinese Language Immersion House, founded in 2015, is a WKU housing option geared towards students interested in an immersive living-learning language environment. By living in the House, residents will develop communication skills in both academic and daily life settings through organized activities, informal daily contacts, and House events. This residence is open to any WKU student who meets the following eligibility requirements, and who will participate in the activities listed below.
To live in the House residents must:
- Have achieved an Intermediate Mid Language level (ACTFL) prior to moving into the House
- Have completed 24 hours of WKU credit prior to move-in
- Uphold their language pledge within the House.
- Attend a house-wide, bi-weekly meeting
- Attend functional area meetings as scheduled
- Be present at events hosted in the house, as possible
Priority Application Deadline: March 2nd
Applications received after March 2nd will be reviewed on a rolling basis until spots are filled.
For More Information, Questions, or to Request a Tour:
Contact: Melinda Edgerton, at 270-745-2764 or email@example.com
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,