The WKU Chinese Language Flagship Pilot Program is open to strongly motivated incoming students and current WKU students who are interested in developing a high level of proficiency in Mandarin Chinese that will complement their professional and academic training in any of a diverse range of career fields.
- No prior Chinese language experience required.
- Open to any major with the exception of Nursing. The Capstone Year is not compatible with Nursing requirements.
- Students must have applied to, or be in good standing in, the Honors College.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Students must also achieve satisfactory results on all tests required by the Flagship, and maintain progress through the curriculum.
- Students must commit to the intensive study of Chinese for the duration of their degree program at WKU and a Capstone year in Nanjing, China. The Capstone Year consists of one semester of direct enrollment at Nanjing University, followed by a 4-6 month professional internship.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,