Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Tate Page Hall 251
Phone: (270) 745-3575
WKU will be closed for
December 14, 2017 -
January, 1, 2018
We will gladly respond
to email shortly after
Needs of Adult Learners
Since adult learners have different concerns outside of school, they have different concerns inside school. Specific considerations may include:
- how to get started, if they have never attended college before;
- how to get back into college, if they have attended college before but didn't finish;
- scheduling classes around work and family obligations;
- needing to take online classes;
- getting acclimated to current technologies, such as the internet and online resources;
- knowing what options they have for completing a degree with credit hours already earned;
- how to apply for financial aid.
Adult learner counselors are experienced in helping adult learners with their specific needs. In fact, we were adult learners ourselves. And we work with students in the way that best meets their needs - face-to-face, over the phone or via email. Students do not have to come to campus to work with an adult learner counselor.
"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." --Henry David Thoreau
Teresa Jameson is an adult learner who is about to finish a four year degree in two years thanks to CLEP testing. She is a veteran who currently works part-time in Military Student Services while pursuing a history degree.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,