Vision, Mission and Core Values
Building A World Where All Individuals Flourish as Valued Members of their Community.
The Suzanne Vitale Clinical Education Complex provides a seamless curriculum of education and support services across the lifespan for individuals and families with autism and other neurodiversities while providing evidence based, best practice training for students and community partners.
All individuals should be treated with dignity and respect.
Person-centered language should be used at all times. Every individual is unique and should be addressed in the manner that reflects his or her personal preference.
Every individual has the ability to thrive and be a contributing and valued member in their community.
Individuals should have the opportunity to direct their own services - creating an environment for independence, autonomy and freedom.
Staff should develop a culture of partnership which includes learning with and from individuals and families thereby building mutual trust and respect.
Services, supports and approaches should:
Be delivered using positive approaches according to Best Practices.
Be designed to inspire hope for individuals and families.
Honor the uniqueness of individuals (abilities, gifts, talents, interests, and beliefs).
Provide families with opportunities to network with other families and other service providers.
Be flexible so that individuals' and families' changing needs are met.
We pledge to:
1. Treat all individuals with dignity, respect, and concern.
2. Keep the individual's/family's best interest at the center of our practices.
3. Implement "best practices" strategies to provide appropriate developmental, educational, and recreational opportunities to participants and families.
4. Provide an environment which fosters a collaborative, innovative, and educational experience.
5. Provide opportunities for research to enhance education and service.
6. Promote and honor dignity, independence, integrity, and personal growth.