WKU Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
The Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
The Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UCC) is a standing committee of the Faculty Senate. It is composed of regular and advisory members representing the faculty, administration, and student body. The UCC makes proposals "to the Faculty Senate concerning university-wide undergraduate academic policies" and reviews "particular undergraduate programs and courses to determine whether they meet established standards" (Charter of the Faculty Senate, 2019, 9). Specific functions of the UCC are covered by the UCC Bylaws Section IV. The Charter of the Faculty Senate and the Bylaws of the UCC govern operation of the UCC. The mission of the UCC is to insure the development of high quality undergraduate courses, programs, and academic policies that will assist the University in fulfilling its academic mission.
Proposal Forms (Obsolete - please refer
to the electronic system Below)
The Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UCC) submits recommendations concerning initiation or revision of undergraduate courses and programs via the electronic workflow system for approval.
It is strongly recommended that a proponent be present at the UCC meeting. If there are questions about or amendments to a proposal and no proponent is present, the proposal will be tabled.
How to Submit a New Course/Program OR Review a Course/Program
- Program Proposals: https://nextcatalog.wku.edu/programadmin/
Course Proposals: https://nextcatalog.wku.edu/courseadmin/
- Select Propose a New Course (or Program) OR use the search box to find the course or program you want to revise
- Complete required fields (outlined in red)
- Save to save and return later; Save and Submit to submit to faculty governance workflow
How to Approve a Proposal (COMMITTEE CHAIRS ONLY)
- Approver URL: https://nextcatalog.wku.edu/courseleaf/approve/
- Select "Your Role" from the dropdown list
- Select the course or program curriculum proposal (double click)
- According to the committee (dis)approval, choose Edit, Rollback, or Approve (Rollbacks require choice of prior workflow step to rollback and committee comments/explanation)
Temporary Course Proposals