School of Teacher Education Staff
Dr. Xiaoxia S. Huang
- Assistant Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: GRH 1028
- Phone Number: 270-745-4322
Xiaoxia Huang is an assistant professor of Instructional Design in the School of Teacher Education at Western Kentucky University. She received her Ph.D. degree in Instructional Systems from Florida State University.
Her research focuses on designing and evaluating technology-enhanced learning environments in various formal and informal settings to support cognitive, affective, and motivational processes in learning. Her work has been published in a number of peer-reviewed academic journals, such as Open Learning, Computers in Human Behavior, Interactive Learning Environments, and British Journal of Educational Technology. One of her articles received the 2015 1st Place Journal Article Award (Quantitative-Based Research) sponsored by Division of Distance Learning (DDL) with Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT). She welcomes students who are interested in working with her to gain research experience. Feel free to contact her via email or phone if you are interested.
She serves on the Boards of Consulting Editors of Educational Technology Research and Development (ETR&D) journal and won the 2015 ETR&D Outstanding Reviewer award. She also serves as a reviewer for a number of other journals, including Computers in Human Behavior.
Courses frequently taught (online, graduate level)
- ID 560 Instructional Design Foundations
- ID 572 Performance Improvement in the Workplace
- ID 577 Management of Instructional Systems
- ID 583 Training Design and Development
- ID 585 Distance Education
- ID 587 Trends and Issues in Instructional Design
- ID 588 Multimedia Design
Supervision of field experience and clinical practice
- ID 590 Practicum in Instructional Design
- ID 595 Internship in Instructional Design