School of Teacher Education Staff
Dr. Janet Applin
- Associate Professor, Special Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: GRH 1029
- Phone Number: 270-745-4335
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees advising/student issues (e.g., schedule exception requests, grade appeals, admission); approves independent studies.
- Coordinates CEBS Academic Transitions Program (ATP) activities
- Consults with faculty on academic program development including course proposals and curriculum committees.
- Serves as Chair of CEBS Curriculum Committee
- Serves as Vice-Chair Professional Education Council
- Approves all CEBS recruitment materials
- Coordinates new faculty activities and faculty professional development activities
- Represents CEBS on university committees dealing with curricular matters, orientation, scheduling, etc.
- Represents college at University Curriculum Committee and Graduate Council Meetings.
- Reviews all applications for admission to graduate programs.
- Chairs Alternate Admission Subcommittee
- Chairs College Complaint Committee
- Coordinates Administration of Comprehensive Exams
- Reviews applications for MAE comprehensive exams to determine eligibility
- Represents dean’s office when appropriate at recruitment and retention events.
- Coordinates the Education and Behavioral Science MAE program.
- Provides oversight for CEBS Catalog Revisions
- Serves as liaison between the Graduate School and faculty in CEBS.
- Serves as liaison between dean’s office and teacher certification and teacher services.
- Supervises and collaborates with office associates in dean's office.