Master of Arts in Education in Instructional Leadership, School Principal
The Master of Arts in Education, Instructional Leadership, School Principal program requires 30 hours of coursework and leads to eligibility for initial principal certification (Level 1, KP1). Completion of the program also makes a candidate eligible for recommendation for Rank 2 or Rank 1 (if the candidate already holds Rank 2).
- A bachelor's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Valid Kentucky Teaching Certificate with at least three years of teaching experience
Upon initial review, applicants will be requested to submit the following items to the department:
- Three years of documented teaching experience in a public school or a nonpublic school that meets the state performance standards as established in KRS 156.160
- Complete a program admission packet requiring:
- Letters of reference
- Department-specified essays or other written materials
- School district agreement of support
- Be recommended based on an interview with district practitioners and department faculty
For more information, please feel free to contact us at 270-745-4890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.