WKU Recreation Administration - Scholarship Application Process
The WKU Recreation Administration program is extremely fortunate to be the steward of seven scholarships (eight financial awards) given annually to students in the major to honor the following individuals:
- Charles T. Crume
- Fred Kirchner & Jesse W. Thornton
- Jo Ann Verner
- William 'Biff' Kummer
- Alton Little
- Pat Little
- Betty Jean Little Levis
In addition, the program recognizes undergraduate students with an "Outstanding Undergraduate Recreation Administration Student Award." To see the list of available scholarships and our past recipients, please visit our Scholarships & Awards page.
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- be enrolled in the Recreation Administration major -or- the Recreation, Park, and Nonprofit Administration major.
- be enrolled for the following Fall and Spring semesters (some exceptions are possible and have recently been made)
- have at least a 2.5 overall GPA
1) Deadline: Feb 1 - The first step in applying is to complete the new WKU TopDollar Scholarship Application.
Please note, applicants who do not complete the WKU TopDollar Scholarship Application
will be ineligible for our scholarships. To apply click the following link: https://www.wku.edu/topdollar/ and then return to this page to complete the supplemental application. (Update March 23, 2022 - We understand this deadline has now passed. Please proceed
to Step 2 below. If selected for a scholarship, we will make arrangements with the
university to go back and complete Step 1)
2) Deadline: Apr 1 - Please complete the short supplemental application included below.