Department of Psychology - Faculty
Research and Teaching Interests:
I am the Director of the Doctor of Psychology in Applied Psychology program and the director for the Clinical/Applied Research (CAR) Group. My research interests lie in the area of eating disorders, and right now I am investigating men's eating disorders, especially muscle dysmorphia. What is muscle dysmorphia, you ask? I'm glad you did. Think anorexia nervosa, but with large men who think they are too small. I am also interested in sport fan behaviors, that is, what are the causes and consequences of being attached to a sport time. I have a number of active studies in each area.
- I am willing to supervise undergraduate students for PSY 290, PSY 490 and Honors theses, and chair or serve on master’s theses, Ed.S. projects, and doctoral dissertations.
- PSY 442 Introduction to Clinical Interviewing
- PSY 445 Intro to Clinical Psychology
- PSY 541 Professional and Ethical Issues in Psychology
- PSY 592 Internship
- PSY 642 Clinical Interviewing
- PSY 662 Psychotherapy Practicum
- PSY 791 Advanced Supervision
- PSY 701 History and Systems of Applied Psychology