Department of Psychology - Faculty
Dr. Lisa Duffin
- Associate Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: GRH 3014, KTH 1011C
- Phone Number: 270-745-6324
As an educational psychologist, my teaching seeks to prepare undergraduate and graduate students to become reflective, responsive and resourceful professionals by connecting theoretical, scientific, and applied psychological knowledge with practice. My overarching teaching goals are: 1) to get my learners to understand the material at a deep conceptual level so that they may transfer and apply that knowledge to their own professional domains and 2) to teach my learners how to be self-regulated and meta-cognitive so that they will be equipped to be life-long learners.
My research aims to impact the examination of teacher quality and is broken down into three main areas: 1) student learning, motivation, and professional development, 2) the role of educational psychology in teacher education, and 3) program effectiveness with respect to teacher and student outcomes.
- PSY 310 Educational Psychology
- PSY 412 Psychology Of Motivation And Emotion
- PSY 490 Research, Readings Or Special Projects In Psychology
- SMED 210 Knowing and Learning in Mathematics and Science
- SMED 510 Advanced Topics in Knowing and Learning in Mathematics and Science
- SMED 620 Collaborative Research to Improve Mathematics and Science Teaching
- SMED 630 Action Research Seminar